April 09, 2017

Twitter Me A Gothic Poem...

Today's poetry challenge over at
Imaginary Garden with Real Toads is brought to us by the 
beautiful and amazing writer, Magaly Guerrero.
Please go HERE for more info on today's challenge.
And HERE for Magaly's blog.

In a nutshell, so to speak, the Challenge was to use the words of two famous Poets and pretend that the two of them are having a Tweet together using a three line stanza for each, then our Challenge is for us to complete the poem using the third stanza, in our own words to join the conversation by replying/our input/or a commentary.

I have spent all day reading poems from Poets throughout the centuries and really enjoyed it.
When it came to a Tweet (aka 3 line stanza) of two poets together, The two I could imagine corresponding (or understanding each other) would be Sylvia Plath and Edgar Allan Poe.


I dreamed that you bewitched me into bed
And sung me moonstruck, kissed me quite insane
(I think I made you up in my head)

Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream

Alas I see two lovers,
Alone yet won't admit,
True love forms from insane minds

References:
“Mad Girl’s Love Song” by Sylvia Plath
“Dream Within a Dream” by Edgar Allen Poe

I hope this will suffice for today's Challenge.
I am a newbie when it comes to poetry,
which explains the past 6 hours of reading 
some really great and twisted poems.

And, as always, please critique if needed.

Thank you and have a great week!
Hugz, Rasz

9 comments:

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I think you handled it very well indeed!

~Rasz~ said...

Thank you Rosemary! Coming from you makes me smile!

De said...

I would say this is VERY nicely done. I chose the same two poets. I honestly can see them conversing. Both so dark. ;)

grapeling said...

what a clincher!! ~

Magaly Guerrero said...

You know what, I think after this prompt Poe and Plath will start sending each other love notes (and opening Twitter-for-the-Gone accounts). This is a delicious, Rasz. And like everyone said before me, very nicely done!

Sanaa Rizvi said...

This is lovely!!❤️ Your Plath and Poe duo was oh so enchanting!❤️

paulscribbles said...

Plath and Poe got plenty of word space in this prompt and you have added another fine tome to the list.

Rommy said...

Ah well, you have to be at least a little mad to fall in love. This was really sweetly and well done.

Magic Love Crow said...

Well done Robin!!! Love this! Big Hugs!

If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.