April 04, 2017

Speaking for Springs Stillborn Sprouts...

Hi everyone, I have missed being here.
There is no better way to jump back in
then with a Challenge!
There is the April Prompt-A-Day Poetry Challenge.
Click HERE  or HERE for more info.

Today is a Free For All, no real prompt of sorts.
Which worked out GREAT for me
as I woke up with the words in my head
to yesterday's Prompt by the Beautiful Magaly.
"Speaking for Springs Stillborn Sprouts".

Mourning My Babies

Oh the sunshine these past weeks
Has felt so good upon my limbs
The snow and ice have melted
New life will soon begin

My babies are sprouting
In this early Spring's sunlight
Precious they are, so sweet and small
Such a beautiful, wondrous sight

Now the cold and ice are back again
To freeze my limbs once more
My baby sprouts are dying
It's my babies now I mourn

The past few years have tricked us
The weather's not the same
We awake to think it's Springtime
And those humans are to blame

They call it global warming
I hear them talk as they go by
My precious babies, frozen dead now
I mourn under the cold grey sky

Thank you for stopping by, Rasz





On a personal note:
I was so excited about this Challenge.
I love to write, and I love to write poetry,
altho' I do not know if I have a "real" style
and am hoping to find out.
I welcome constructive critiquing (nicely please)

13 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

This has a wonderful lyrical mood, despite the sad tale.

~Rasz~ said...

Thank you Kerry!

gillena cox said...

Oh how very sad for your little sprouts
Luv the rhythm of your poem
Thank you for dropping by to read mine

Much love...

grapeling said...

I concur with Kerry and Gillena ~

Timoteo said...

The emotion is what comes through loud and clear. A nice take on the effects of global warming from a personal angle.

paulscribbles said...

There is a dance to the writing in it's rhythm that is light and in stark contrast to the sad story.

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

There is sweetness in this despite the sorrow.

Magaly Guerrero said...

The cheerful voice makes the rotten situation more bearable. It makes me think that death can't take everything, not while there are souls willing to sing and plant and live.

Thotpurge said...

Oh yes, it is 36C here..global warming is here to stay.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

I can picture that grey and cold sky... such a poignant write.

Marian said...

Aww... universal, right? Or at least I feel this.

hyperCRYPTICal said...

Lovely if sad write, and it does indeed have a fine lyrical quality. (It would also be perfect for the present dVerse prompt!)
Kind regards
Anna :o]

Magic Love Crow said...

Bravo Robin!!!! Excellent!!
(I will write soon! Promise! I am so happy for you!)
Big Hugs and Much Love!

If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.