April 10, 2017

Poem Sketching...


My very first painting of my Dragonfly Girls in 2011

Today's prompt for the "The April Prompt-a- Day Challenge"
is to write a poem using Poem Sketching.
The instructions are a little long,
so if you would like to know more
please go HERE!

I LOVE this Challenge.
 I am learning so much about poetry!

The words I chose are
dragonfly, pond, safe, silence

The Dragonfly Pond

There is a dragonfly at my window
He beckons me outside
It's nightfall and so dark, I say
Then out the window I slide

I flew with him, I am not sure how
To a pond so beautiful and bright
With thousands of dragonflies flying about
Creating the most magnificent sight

See, he says, I have no intention to harm you
Only to bring you here
Your ancestors are all around you now
You are safe, please have no fear

My ancestors, what was he saying
There were no ghostly humans here
The dragonflies, he told me, are always with you
In silence I sat, watching the magic appear

Their artistry was magnificent
Their colors, oh so bright
Yet it was their magical teachings
That brought me to the pond tonight

Comments and critiquing are joyfully welcomed.
Hope the beginning of your week
is off to a great start!

Hugz, Rasz

11 comments:

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

A delectable fantasy! I love dragonflies.

paulscribbles said...

Beautiful art and poetry. The Dragonfly is powerful medicine.

emilie jung said...

I really like your painting style. I'd like to see more.

Magaly Guerrero said...

I love the idea of traveling into a world where the ones who came before are so different and so very bright.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Such beautiful art and poetry!

Susie Clevenger said...

Love the art! Also I'd love to go winging with dragonflies.

Sue (this n that) said...

So delightful! I love your Dragonfly girl, painted so beautifully. Your verse is very sweet - you've done a wonderful job and I enjoyed it very much :D)

Vijita Pillai said...

Nice painting and a beautiful write up :)

~Rasz~ said...

Thank you everyone for such beautiful comments! I am falling in love with poetry! Hugz, Rasz

Margaret said...

Dragonflies are magical and mysterious - As a child I was afraid of bees, bugs, frogs, etc. But never dragonflies - they are peaceful and I always thought of them as fairies :) Lovely use of rhymes.

Magic Love Crow said...

Happy Easter Robin!
Woman, you are amazing!! I love the way you write! WOW!!! A calling for you, for sure!
Big Hugs! (of course I love your art piece too!)

If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.