April 14, 2017

Happy Paint Party Friday!!!

First off, I want to thank everyone who has sent me
prayers & healing thoughts my way.
I know all of your good wishes have contributed
to my recovery, and my heart!

Well this is my 2nd PPF post in a row and I am hoping
to be back on track with posting and visiting!
Thank you to our wonderful hostesses
EVA and Kristin! You guys ROCK!!!

Not sure what Paint Party Friday is?
Go HERE and learn all about it,
then join in on the fun.

I have been into birch trees lately.
I just finished one painting yesterday!
It feels so good to paint.
And of course I do paint things a bit differently.
That's just me.


There is lots of texture on the trees, from the collage of paper
underneath. The background is painted on top of the collage base.
I left the background with a matte finish.
I was really happy how this turned out.
You can click on this mixed-media painting
and get a closer look if you like.

Wednesday night and yesterday brought some hard rains,
hail and strong winds.
I always like to check on my hummingbird friends.
It's amazing how these little tiny beauties
can make it through the cold and storms.

Here they are yesterday fighting over their place on the feeder.
It was raining and if you look close you can see raindrops
on those cute long beaks.

fighting for a place on the feeder

And here they are once the little altercation was over:

Rare moment with no fighting at the feeder
It was raining pretty hard when I took this picture,
Their feathers were wet & mostly females and youngsters
in this picture so not a lot of colors.

That's it for me today.
Going to (hopefully) link this post to up to
Just need to figure out how to add links.

Happy Paint Party Friday
and Have a Wonderful Week!
See ya' next Friday, or maybe before.
Hugz, Rasz

12 comments:

Giggles said...

I am IN LOVE with your birch trees...they are fabulous!! Wow I love the texture and bits of colour incorporated!! Stunning work! For years I fed the hummingbirds!! Love them!

Hugs Giggles

sirkkis said...

Your art is unique and beautiful. Love the texture you paint.
The bird feeding photos are so so interesting and charming, thanks for sharing!
Happy weekend to you ♥

Faye said...

Rasz, the birch trees are fantastic, especially in the enlarged view. Wow! I love all the subtle colors you sneaked in there. Amazing that your hummers didn't fight. I have never had 2 at the feeder at one time. I remember visiting in Idaho years ago and seeing feeders with 3 or 4 levels, chock full of hummingbirds. It was a very unusual sight.

Valerie-Jael said...

Glad you are feeling better! LOVE those birch trees, really fantastic. The photos are gorgeous, we don't have humming birds here, but the birds we do have are always fighting over the best place on the feeder. Have a great weekend! Hugs, Valerie

Laila said...

Your birches are a great positive negative image. One see deep in your piece and also just the surface. Very well done.

Linda Kunsman said...

LOVE your birch trees painting Rasz-it is gorgeous!! I don't know where you live to have those hummingbirds already. I'm in NE PA and just put feeders out . Haven't seen them yet and I am envious of you getting so many! I never have more than two at a time although there seems to be two different pairs that visit each year. TFS and happy PPF!

Magaly Guerrero said...

I bet all the texture makes that painting something wonderful to touch gently. I love your layering brights.

And thank goodness for birds!

Fran said...

Great mixed media work. I need to try that technique. Humming birds are fiesty little beasts but cute.

denthe said...

This is a beautiful painting! Gorgeous technique, it came out really well! And those birds are so cute :-)

Magic Love Crow said...

Love your birch trees Robin!! Wow! Love the colours! You did an amazing job!
Oh, and I love the hummingbirds! How precious! Makes my heart smile!
Big Hugs!!!

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

OMG I think this is my favorite piece of art from you. These trees are amazingly beautiful. Glad you are feeling better. Hugs N.

Granny Annie said...

Beautiful textures. Cannot believe your visiting hummingbirds are so well behaved:-)

If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.