February 03, 2017

It's Paint Party Friday, the BEST day of the week!

Happy PPF!
I am so glad to be here today.
Thank you Eva and Kristin for being
The Hostess's with the Mostest's.
(yes that is now a real word since I just used it again)

Don't know what Paint Party Friday is?
Curious to find out?
Want to meet Eva and Kristin?
Simply go HERE for it all!

Today's piece is an 8"x8" mixed media painting:


The photos were taken by philnavarrophotography.com

I was gifted heavy duty wrapped canvases in 8"x8" and 8"x12".
I love the sizes and it was a real surprise getting these in the mail!
I found that the 8x8's look great on a table easel (?) stand like the 1st picture shown here.
Great for people who have no wall space or not allowed to hang anything on the walls because of rental agreements.

Oh, about the painting.
This was done almost entirely using Ranger's

I have enjoyed using dark, rich colors in my work now.
I am learning that I have to be careful of not going too dark.
It may look great on my art table, altho' trying to get a good picture
can be challenging.

I have joined up again for 29Faces of February Challenge,
hosted by Martha over at Ayala Art.
It's not too late to join in,
Click HERE!

I am posting every day on my Instagram rasz_art_designs,
and on my Facebook art page Rasz Art Designs.
Blog posting every few days.

Wasn't planning on writing such a long post.
Thank you for dropping  by and I will do the same.

Happy Paint Party Friday and have a great weekend!
Messy, Painty Hugz, Rasz

Oh, I almost forgot to share my most exciting news!
I finally have my own website and it went live this week.
It has been a dream in the making for 5 years now
and I had been hoping to go live by last Thanksgiving I think.
www.raszart.com
My site is slowly being loaded with art,
I just need more energy and I am finding it is getting
harder and harder to use my laptop or any device.
I cannot let that stop me completely for this is MY dream!
Thank you for all the support during this time.

13 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your canvas, that is definitely my cup of tea! Have fun with 29 faces, Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Lisa Isabella Russo said...

I love your art! It is beautiful. Congrats on working on getting your website up.

denthe said...

Love the depth in this painting! and your website is looking great! Congrats on making your dream come true!

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

Ohhh I love this piece. I love the darkness of it. I am off to your website.

Susan said...

Gorgeous! It pulls you in. Congratulations on the website! Happy PPF

Sue (this n that) said...

Hello Rasz, your art is stunning - beautiful sentiments too. Great job getting your own website up and running! Happy PPF :D)

Giggles said...

Deep rich gorgeous art Raz....Love your introduction of yourself on the new website!! Looking good!! Wishing you all the best in this new endeavour!

Hugs Giggles

Faye said...

Your canvas is super, Rasz. I love the old world feeling I get looking at it. The vintage colors are beautiful. Happy for you about the new website. Happy PPF.

Tracy said...

Love the vintage colours and feel of this canvas, Robin.

Magic Love Crow said...

Love, Love, Love this art piece Robin!! Stunning! I have been painting more dark colours these days too! I am so happy you are getting use out of the canvases! Makes me happy! Congrats on the web site!!! I am so happy for you!! Big Hugs and Much love!

Magic Love Crow said...

Hey Robin, your web site looks great! You should put a link on your blog! Also, you should let everyone know about the free shipping! That is very kind of you!! Love that circle painting!!!

Magaly Guerrero said...

Your mixed media pieces have always held a special place in my heart. You put so much into the dance between words, colors and textures. There is always a story in them... many times, more than one story.

P.S. Love your new website.

~Rasz~ said...

Thank you everyone who commented! I appreciate your comments more than words can describe. One thing I know for sure is your comments keep me inspired and encouraged even when I just want to give up. Big Hugz!

If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.