September 19, 2016

Monday Morning Feeding Frenzy and Talking Paintings...

Yes, once again it's Monday,
the start of a new, adventurous week!

The Hummingbirds were very well behaved.
Honestly, these little bullies have been acting so good.
It started with naming their abusive/frenzy eating patterns
to my morning posts.

The little one in the back right is so sweet.
She has become my favorite this season.

So this is the WIP I've been working on,
using techniques I learned from
Guada's Ghost Girl Mini class.


When working on cardboard,
adding too much water can ruin it.
That is what happened so I took her outside
to add more of Tim Holtz distressed ink.
Yes more wetness...had no idea what I was doing.


She was ready for the trash...
and I felt her say she wasn't done.
Do you ever have your paintings call to you?
Or your paintings become what they want
instead of what the plan was?

More ink...
I really felt the cardboard was going to fall apart:

I left her outside in the sun to dry up or fall apart.
It was somewhere around 95 degrees yesterday.
How this cardboard stayed together?

She's not done yet, tho' on her way.
She fought so hard to appear, she definitely has
A Warrior Spirit!

She reminds me of so many women I know
who have to fight their own battles every day.


I believe we all are Warriors.
Every time it feels like we cannot take anymore,
somehow we get hit with one more issue.
And we still try to hold it all together, every day,
no matter what is thrown our way.

It doesn't take us down, or not for long,
the Warrior Spirit inside of each one of us
brushes ourselves off and gets back up.
We find that Warrior strength...just like this cardboard did,
too hold us together despite the odds.

Leave a comment,
I'd love to hear if this resonates with you.

Have a GREAT Monday!
Hugs, Rasz 

6 comments:

Belinda said...

Hey girlfriend! First of all I looked at the first picture was beautiful and then I kept scrolling and reading and scrolling and wow, the final piece is so beautiful. I like looking at the evolution of your Warrior! I agree. People always say, God never gives you more than you can handle. Women are strong. Always have been and always will be.
I am still jealous of your hummingbird parties. But I am proud to say, this summer I had several visitors at mine. But I didn't get nearly as good a photographs as you manage to take. I still feel my breathe catch when I spot one in my yard. It's truly an honor to have their visit.
Thanks for stopping by. I missed hearing from you.
hugs,
Belinda

Lisa Neau said...

I love how you write! And yes.... she is fighting to come through so let her!! ;)

Tracy said...

She had some really wild hair going on there for a bit, Rasz! But she's definitely emerging and becoming more interesting with all the layers.

Magaly Guerrero said...

I'm glad you didn't give up on her. I love the wet accidental hair. Like Tracy said above, "wild". I'm really curious to see her when she's finish. I just know that she will be full of soul and energy. ♥

Misty said...

This is so lovely!!!!!!!! I completely relate to feeling like you dont know what you are doing and are about to give up but you know what? Mistakes are how you discover what works for you. Never give up!!! When I feel this way, I just put the piece aside... I have a whole box of "put aside pieces" And when I'm in the art room in need of some inspiration or direction, I'll go through the box and often find an old piece that strikes new creativity in me just because I put it aside and had time pass and looked upon it with fresh eyes.
Keep creating! She's going to be a beauty! :)

Magic Love Crow said...

Wow, I love her Robin! I can't wait to see her finished! She is wild fighting women, like all of us!
I love your hummingbirds! You are so lucky!
What do you do with all your paintings??
Big Hugs and Much Love
Did you have any canvases??

If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.