June 10, 2016

Paint Party Friday...Yay!

Happy, Happy, Happy Paint Party Friday!!!
It's a beautiful day here,
with the smell of blooming jasmine filling my home.

Thank you to Kristen and Eva for continuing
the best blog hop ever!
Want to learn more? Go HERE!

We've been having a kids reunion.
My two sons got to meet their sister, my first born,
that I had not seen since she was 2 1/2 years old!
I also got to adopt my daughter's step sister
and her two awesome kids who are now my grandbabies!!!
It felt wonderful to be called Grandma,
and hearing "mom" from all directions!

It was the most wonderful time ever.
There was never an awkward moment.

I needed a bigger zippered bag
so, of course, I made one!


I painted the entire canvas zippered tote and handles Payne's Gray,
which has become one of my favorite colors.
The inside was painted silver.
At the bottom of this picture is a quarter I found on the hot ground.
Lesson learned, coins + pavement = hot fingers!



 I used a stencil I purchased from Donna Downey Studio's Shop
to paint various colors in a patchwork design.
I think on the next one I will try only one additional color
instead of so many.
It came out great and I was very proud to be carrying it.

During one of our outings I found these beautiful painted cast iron keys.


Great find for only $7.00.

The hummingbirds are behaving better
now that they are so many flowers blooming.
This guy had the feeder to himself for a minute.


Hope you are having a GREAT PPF Day!

Big hugs, Rasz

10 comments:

GlorV1 said...

Hi Rasz. Hope you are doing well. What a great bag. You did a wonderful job. Happy that you were able to get with all your family and have a great time. Good to see you.

Linda Kunsman said...

what a wonderful celebration of family! Love the artsy bag. And hummingbirds...I have always loved them and finally have a pair visiting our feeders (we never get more than one or two pairs each year). Happy PPF!

Valerie-Jael said...

LOVE that bag, what a treasure. Glad you had a fun reunion. You asked about the castle in my blog - it's the ruins of the old imperial castle on the Rhine where once the Emperor Barbarossa lived, and I love looking at the ruins when I pass by it. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Faye said...

Rasz, it sounds like you are having a huge (as in importance)family reunion). Wow! all that happening must make you a happy woman. Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. My granddaughter who is visiting seems to be still on California time and I live in VA.
So while she is still abed, I can do computer stuff. I think I will post photos from my step granddaughter's graduation Thursday night. Your tote bag is wonderful and inspires me to see if I can find an unpainted canvas one to paint. I love all the colors.

Giggles said...

What a happy exciting occasion...so happy for you!... I can hear it in your words!!
Love the bag you created too, it's stunning...looks like a batik design!! I LOVE IT! Always a happy story when mom gets to be with her children...and add a few more to the equation too... What a joyful post...thanks for sharing! I feel the LOVE here! Big time!!

Hugs Giggles

minnemie said...

Beautiful bag! I agree with Giggles - my first thought was "stunning batik"!

Magic Love Crow said...

Hey Robin! I am so happy everything went well with the family!! I have been thinking of you! I hope your arm is ok? I love your bag! Very cool!!! Watch out not to burn your fingers!! Love you, big hugs!

Magic Love Crow said...

Forgot to say, Love your love keys and love your hummingbirds!

Jennifer A. Jilks said...

Being adopted myself, this is heartwarming!
(ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!

Lisa Isabella Russo said...

It sounds like a wonderful family event! The bag is lovely, you did a great job with it.

If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.