February 24, 2016

29 Faces of February...#24...a very special post...

Welcome to the last week of 29 Faces of February Challenge.
This awesome Challenge is hosted by
the incredibly artistic Ayala Art

Here is my face #24:

Not the kind of faces that I have been doing,
yet this one has a real story.

My brother passed away several years ago.
He had done 3 1/2 tours in Vietnam.
He wrote me as often as he could and his words were very simple as if he was talking to a 3 year old, not a 8 to 12 year old.

He started every letter calling me "Ipswitch",
a name that stuck even as I was 49 when he passed.
He ended every letter with this dog drawing.

As I started to draw a face last night, this dog was all I could think about.
I hadn't thought about this drawing for years and here I was, 
sitting and trying to create a face, and yet here was this dog.
I knew this was today's post.
I have shed a lot of tears since last night.

So today's face is dedicated to my Big Brother Bruce,
from his little Ipswitch!

4 comments:

Ileana said...

Sweet story to go with the adorable pup. Nice work. Hugs!

Magaly Guerrero said...

I bet your brother is smiling at you from above. It's a lovely face. And that story attached to it makes it extraordinary. ♥

Magic Love Crow said...

Such a special post my friend! I agree with Magaly, your brother is smiling at you from above! Big Hugs!

~Rasz~ said...

Thank you for your sweet comments! He is either smiling from above or laughing his ass off. He was always the trickster of the gang! It was nice to share this with you and thank you again for your sharing too! Big hugs to you! Love, Rasz

If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.