January 08, 2016

Paint Party Friday...first post in 2016...

Happy 2016!
Happy Paint Party Friday!
Thank you to Eva and Kristin, for their continued commitment
hosting PPF every Friday.
If you don't know what PPF is,
it's the greatest world-wide weekly blog-hop
of awesome Creatives from all over.
Go HERE to learn all about it.

Here is my latest experiment:

I was given a pack of Liquitex products and one of them was their
Flexible Modeling Paste.
I had a canvas already painted that didn't come out the way I wanted
so I used it to play! 
Then I wanted to try out my Artist's Loft Iridescent Medium too.
Playing with two products that I had never used proved to be a lot of fun and learning.

The feathers were suppose to be a resist from a cardboard cutout.
Obviously that didn't work.
I am going to see if I can fix it.

The modeling paste and stencils worked much better:

I had fun and cannot wait to practice using the modeling paste again.
As for the translucent medium...WOW!
The colors came out amazing when mixed with it.
The canvas almost looks metal.
This was SO much fun experimenting!

Next WIP in line:

There is a plan for this one,
hopefully I will have it finished next Friday.

Time to get busy visiting.
Happy New Year to All!
(I will be blog-hopping through the weekend)

8 comments:

Lisa Isabella Russo said...

Oh the canvas looks wonderful! I love the translucent metal quality and the imprints are beautiful too!

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your canvas, enjoy playing. Happy PPF hugs Valerie

Linda Kunsman said...

Fantastic canvas play!! Those new paints look gorgeous and yes, it looks like a metal piece. Happy creating!

Neesie said...

You've obviously had great fun with these new products Rasz,
The canvas looks amazing and it does look metallic. The colours are fantastic.
Happy PPF to you

Giggles said...

Oh I love the texture and metallic colour to this work....gorgeous!! Look so forward to more!!

Hugs Giggles

Michelle Howe said...

I love the feathers! They look great mom! I'm gonna steal it! You have to teach me how to do that!

Dea Lenihan said...

Love the metallic effect on your pics. I am totally in love with the feathers since I am a bit of a bird lover. Glad to find you through PPF--I am new around the blog world and glad to make art friends. Happy to say I am a new follower. Dea xo

Magic Love Crow said...

The first one turned out so cool!!!! I love it! And, I love the colours in the second one! Can't wait to see what you do with it! Big Hugs!

If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.