January 29, 2016

It's a rainy Paint Party Friday out here...


It's a beautiful rainy day out here in Northern California...
A great day to celebrate since all this rain will hopefully get us out of the horrible droughts and fire seasons we have had the past several years.

Thank you to our amazing hostesses Kristin and Eva
 for keeping this party going on.
Don't know what Paint Party Friday is?
Go HERE for all the fun! 

I did not have an inspirational week.
The weather is causing so much pain it's hard to think.
I need a new 2016 date book to carry in my purse.
Solution? I can make one...hopefully...

I sewed together some heavy Canson acrylic 136lb paper I had cut to size.
I tied all 4 sections together.
Next I cut a piece of the acrylic paper large enough to wrap around the pages along with a folded middle edge to square off and glue everything together.

With the front side and back cover all glued down and held together with a large potato chip bag clip, I let it dry over night.
To my amazement, it worked!



Now the fun begins!
Painting and decorating my first calendar appointment book!

Time to go out and visit everyone, which is the BEST part of 
PAINT PARTY FRIDAY!!!
Have a fun day and great week.

10 comments:

Lisa Isabella Russo said...

What a great start to your calendar book! It's going to be amazing! I'm glad we're getting some rain (I'm in Southern California, but we should be getting some perhaps Monday), but I hope you feel better soon.

Janet said...

It's fun to be able to make books for anything...and in any size you want. I hope some of that rain makes its way down here to Southern California. We really need it, too.

Valerie-Jael said...

Oooh, I love your little book, have fun painting it and making it more special.Thanks for your comment on my blog. In Europe we have lots of old castles and ruins, especially here along the river Rhine where the Knights of old used to stop anyone sailing by and force them to pay taxes. Now the IR does it, but their castles are not so pretty! You can see photos of the ruins here if you want:
https://www.google.de/search?q=kaiserpfalz+kaiserswerth&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:%7Breferrer:source?%7D&rlz=1I7MDNC_enDE393&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj04o7M6NDKAhXGaQ8KHXMrAokQsAQIMQ&biw=1600&bih=731

Have a good week, hugs, Valerie

Linda Kunsman said...

what a great little book! I do hope you'll share the painting you do:)

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

Oh this is really fantastic! Great idea.

denthe said...

Congrats on making your first book! Looking forward to what you'll put in it! 29 faces maybe ... ? ;-)

Dea Lenihan said...

How awesome!! I love making books--in fact I have a little shop on Etsy that only sells little ghostly books. (Mark dark side I guess). Love the journal idea. xo

sheila 77 said...

Making little books is fun. I like the way you have rounded the corners, it looks good.

Magic Love Crow said...

Happy you are getting rain! I think this is such a cool idea Robin! Good for you! I hope you're not in too much pain! Big Hugs!

Giggles said...

Nice start...hope you feel better this week!!

Hugs Giggles

If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.