October 23, 2015

Paint Party Friday...

Hello everyone!
I am so glad to be back to PPF!
Don't know what Paint Party Friday is?
Go HERE to get all the info and meet our wonderful hostesses 
Eva and Kristin and join in the fun.

I love the new techniques I learned..

I thought using translucent paint over the entire painting would give my girls a ghostly appearance.
I was half wrong.


You can see how the translucent paint made a whitish shine and covered the details.
Luckily, anything painted is fixable with more paint, right?



If you click on the pictures above you can see the translucent shine to these Ghost Girls.
I love them and the textures are so fun! 

The other night I made a face in my sketchbook I really liked. The paper was too thin to paint and I had tried to color one of the flowers in her hair with colored pencils. I didn't like the outcome and it would not erase completely.
I had just made another large background in purple and orange.
She fit perfect!


After visiting the other PPFers, she will get started.
I am also enrolled in Soul Food over at Mystele's Community Thrive.
Another fun place to get inspired too!

Make it a GREAT week and keep on painting!

12 comments:

sirkkis said...

Amazing paintings, love them♥

Valerie-Jael said...

Great to see you back at PPF again! Love the work you have done, with the lovely faces. The last piece will be wonderful when it is finished - have fun! Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

denthe said...

LOVE the background on these paintings. Did you cut them out and then glue them onto ribbed cardboard? They look great!

Studio Kaufmann said...

I love how these turned out. The lower one makes me think of cleopatra with a head full of vipers. Very intruiging
Happy PPF

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

First off thank you so much for the wonderful comment and compliments. You made my day.
I think you ghostly girls are fabulous. The fun with being an artist to trying new things and changing them if we want. Very well done.
Nicole/Beadwright

Faye said...

You are so right. By enlarging the view I could see all that wonderful sheen in your beautiful paintings. Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting on my college prom photo. Yes, we were married a long time (56 years) before God took him home. This month is the two year anniversary of his death. Married that long is truly a bonding of two into one, so the pain of loss lingers for some time. As to how we stayed married that long, when we married it was forever, through thick and thin, whether we were unhappy for a while or not. We did not ever consider undoing our marriage. I think if both have respect for the other one, things have a way of working out.

Lynn Cohen said...

Terrific choice of colors that seem to shine and make the faces pop!
Lots of fun texture too!

Linda Kunsman said...

these are so beautiful-they remind me more of goddesses!

Beth Niquette said...

How perfectly lovely. I love the curlies in their hair. Your colors are wonderful.

505whimsygirl said...

I can definitely see the sheen on your paintings. Very cool -- it's always nice to learn new techniques. I'm on a pinning binge; if only I'd start to use some of the techniques that have caught my attention. Ah well, there's always another day.

Your last face drawing is amazing. I can see why you love it. Hope you are doing well and finally over the salmonella, etc. I know what it's like to be ill.

Hugs,
Kay

Tracey Fletcher King said...

I think you bhave quite a flair for painting hair and giving it energy and vibrancy... and the sheen makes them come alive

Giggles said...

Your ghost girls are beautiful with lovely detail! The first one seems timid and the other so confident...amazing how expressive they are! Love your work in progress.. wonderful start!

Hugs Giggles

If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.