October 26, 2015

Big BooBoo and I know better...

Happy Monday to everyone!

My post Friday for PPF had two completed paintings and one WIP:

I was so happy with her face and she fit perfectly on this background.
If you look closely, you can see the edges aren't glued down.
She was laid on top of the wet paint. 

She was the only face put onto the backgrounds.
The others were painted.
So in my impatience, I put her on top of the wet paint to see if she would fit, then that little voice in my head reminded me she needed to be glued down properly.
Did I listen, of course not.
I thought that maybe if she was glued down by the paint, I could always use my Golden Gel Medium to glue the edges.
Sounded good and I ignored the whispers saying
DON'T DO IT!

Yep, tried to glue it Saturday and what a mess. Bubbles were everywhere and I ended up having to rip her off the background.

So...it's back to the beginning and another beautiful face can be drawn on the background like I have been.
Here is what I need to fix and do properly:

There is the beautiful face in the pile of paper on the right.
Paint can fix the issues on the background.

I knew the paper was thin, and Lesson 1 of mixed media artwork is glue well and wait!
Lesson learned to listen to the whispers.

I named my home Graceful Whispers Studio because of the little whispers that remind me what to do or try.

Always listen to the whispers...or yells,
there lies the truth!

Have you ever made a mistake like this one?
Or anything else similar when trying to take short cuts?

Have a Wonderful Monday!

1 comment:

Li said...

CONSTANTLY! I'm always in a rush. I especially hate waiting for things like glue, concrete or acrylic to set up. You're right, that little whispering voice is always right, but for me usually gets drowned out by my big-mouthed bullying "impulse center".

If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.