August 14, 2015

it's paint party friday and she's finally done, yay...

I waited til Paint Party Friday to post her since the last PPF 
I posted in had her and her face was a mess, lol!
If you don't know what Paint Party Friday is,
go HERE and meet our wonderful Hostesses Eva and Kristin!


This mixed media painting has been worked on again and again, and every time it seemed to get worse.
Then I decided I really had to finish her this time, get her off the table easel and have my art space back. I promised her to someone and that is why I could not put her back in the closet again.

Here she is when I started again this time:

She would not have been done without the help and paint lessons from Liz over at Gumnut Inspired. Liz offered up her help when I met her at Paint Party Friday on July 31st! I appreciate her help more than she knows and feel like I have a new blogging friend!




I like how she turned out and am finally able to say SHE'S DONE!

Last night I made this ATC or ACEO (haven't figured out which one).
Do ACEOs sell well? Any suggestions?
Wow, now that the small card is much larger on my computer screen,
it needs some touch ups, oops!

Here are some recent hummingbird pictures from the deck:


My son found this awesome paint-able textured wallpaper that covers up paneling.
So much easier and cheaper than trying to fill all the paneling lines and resurface the walls. He has already gotten a long wall done and painted! Makes the room seem brighter already!
And my new cutie companion and my son's dog are doing great and happy through it all!

Have a Happy PPF!!!
And enjoy the weekend!

19 comments:

Lisa Isabella Russo said...

Your face looks great and I love her butterflies! Wonderful ACEO and your photographs are so sweet!

Sylvia van Bruggen said...

your girl is so beautiful! I also love the ACEO!

Valerie-Jael said...

Glad you are getting on well at your new place. Love the humming birds. Your finished lady is beautiful, well done for persevering! Hugs, Valerie

GlorV1 said...

Hi Rasz. Good to see you. Love your girl. Sounds like you are doing great in your new abode. Love the butterflies.:) Take care and be well.

JKW said...

Your girl did turn out quite well. ACEO's sell quite well (on ebay), however, usually they sell in themes (my daughters cats sell well). . .Halloween always sells well. . I know, I know, I see AFTER I input it into the computer (the misses or mistakes) Dang! Blessings, Janet PPF (Thanks for the visit.)

Julie Huston said...

Hi, you are invited to share this with Feline Art Friday:
http://kittypartay.blogspot.com/2015/08/feline-art-friday_13.html

My name is Erika. said...

She looks kind of sad or bewildered. I wonder what she is thinking about! But you did a wonderful job creating her!

~Rasz~ said...

Thank you all for your sweet, wonderful comments! It means so much to me to have your feedback or just a "hello"! Hugs, Rasz

Aga Gasiniak said...

lovely and colorful creativity. Thank you for sharing!

Faye said...

Your lady is gorgeous. I had to search but I found the subtle changes you made. It is more finished looking and I think you can now give it to the person you planned to. Love the eyes.

SLScheibe said...

She's really sweet with the butterflies! Very creative and super colors! :)

sirkkis said...

Your lady has got an interesting expressio, and it's great to create it. You did it well. Love her ♥

Irene Rafael said...

She turned out great. The butterflies gave it depth and fit just right.

denthe said...

Oh wow, the transformation of her face is superb! She looks so much sweeter, you're right to be happy about her now!

~Rasz~ said...

Thank you to all the PPF bloggers who left such wonderful sweet and helpful comments! I was off the computer all weekend and got to finish reading comments that made my day! Thank you and have a wonderful week! Hugs to all!

Laney said...

She turned out well! Glad you are satisfied with it now. :)

Giggles said...

She is lovely! So is your atc! Those pups have my heart..adorable!

Hugs Giggles

froebelsternchen Susi said...

What a fantastic post and artwork!
Thank you for sharing!

Magic Love Crow said...

Your painting turned out great Robin! Beautiful face! Love her! I know sometimes, it's hard when a painting seems like it never gets done!!! But, when it is, you can do a happy dance ;o) LOL! The aceo is cute! I find with aceo's, have them as much detailed as you can. They will sell! There are collectors out there! Love the hummingbirds! Mom did too ;o) Happy about your walls! Give the pups a hug for me ;o) Love you!

If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.