October 31, 2014

i'm late, i'm late for a very important date at paint party friday...

I may be late yet I made it!
Thank you Eva and Kristin for once again hosting the weekly party
that all of us love!

It's Paint Party Friday
where creatives all over the world check in with other creatives
hopping from blog to blog.
Want to know more? Go HERE for all the info.

I actually have a finished project to post today!
I save all my clean-up paper towels from all my painting prjects.
I've had these three, already adhered to watercolor paper with the idea of using them as backgrounds for some mixed media projects.
These three have been hanging around for over a year and since I am trying to wrap up all of my WIPs, I knew I had to use them or loose them.

The paper towels were darker than what I usually use as backgrounds.
They were left over from painting purses and totes,
with beautiful colors and textures.




I didn't want to "loose" them, so I cut them up!







Hundreds of  little, beautiful, textured, colorful pieces!

Look what these cool pieces turned into, a mosaic formed by adhering the pieces with Golden Gloss Soft Gel which oozed up through the all the cracks.

Here's a better view of the texture.
The cracks were lightly colored with some purple watercolor paint.

I still have enough pieces left over for another mosaic (and possibly some jewelry).

That's it for me...now to go out and visit everyone else!

Happy Halloween and Happy Paint Party Friday!

13 comments:

Netty said...

wow it looks fab. Happy PPF, Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

GlorV1 said...

Excellent job. Love the mosaic look. Very creative.:) Thanks for stopping by my PPF post, very much appreciated. Have a great weekend.

Giggles said...

Gorgeous!! Love all the rich texture and color!1 A very creative piece!!

Hugs Giggles

Linda Kunsman said...

this is a spectacular mosaic!! I do hope you share more.
Thanks for stopping by my blog too:)

Bronson Hill Arts said...

So bright & cheerful! Wonderful job.

-Barb

Danielle M said...

Cool effect love the mosaic look!

JKW said...

It is amazing to me that this is paper towels. OMGosh, you are creative with every bit of the art. I admire that. Blessings, Janet PPF

Tammie Dickerson said...

Such a cool method! SO creative!! Happy PPF!

Lisa Isabella Russo said...

Wow! That's so neat! Very clever of you to have thought of ways to use them.

Studio Kaufmann said...

What an amazingly creative way to use old paintings. Your mosaic is fun and funky. I will try something like this soon. Thanks for the inspiration. Happy PPF

denthe said...

wow, this is amazing! Love the result! Very clever to use your paper this way ....

Cynthia Schelzig said...

Happy PPF...these little shapes look great!

Magic Love Crow said...

Robin, you are so creative!! This is so cool! So beautiful! Seriously, wow!!! Big Hugs and I hope you had a great Halloween ;o) I hope you let your Witchy side dance ;o) Wink ;o)

If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.