September 26, 2014

yay...it's paint party friday and i am joining in...

Happy PPF!
I am so happy to be joining the party this week.
I don't always get to join in however
the awesome hostesses
Kristin and Eva never miss a week!
Want to know more or join in?
Go HERE for more info.

I got a brand new 9"x12" Mixed-Media Sketchbook.
Over the last week or so, I have been slowly working on a new Forrest Girl, while recovering from a few days in the hospital.

I thought since this was a Mixed-Media sketchbook and she was a new girl, I would try some experimenting with layering mediums and see what happens.

First, I sketched with my favorite graphite pencil:

Then I sprayed the sketch to seal it and began to add a little color with colored pencil:

I saved some graphite smudges on purpose.
It is a little out of my comfort zone,
however it gave her some shadowing and I liked it!

Once I am done adding color with pencils,
I will be sealing that layer and the painting will begin!

Oh I can't wait to see if this works the way I see it in my head.

Happy Paint Party Friday and have a GREAT weekend!

15 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your sketch, have fun with your new sketch book! Valerie

GlorV1 said...

Your sketch is awesome. Great work.

Lisa Isabella Russo said...

What a wonderful idea! I love the leaves.

Studio Kaufmann said...

Thanks for sharing your process. Your forest girl is so charming. Happy PPF

Beth Niquette said...

What a graceful forest face. How lovely.

Leovi said...

Very interesting this pretty face!

Debbie said...

love the face, she's so pretty!

bellefrogworks said...

fabulous sketch - can't wait to see how it turns out after painting

Ayala Art said...

That is a great size for a journal! Room for lots of stuff in the page :oD
Nice face!

Giggles said...

Terrific face! Full of character!

Hug Giggles

denthe said...

Lovely sketch! Looking forward to seeing it painted!

Julie Huston said...

Great Sketch, you are invited to share this Feline Art Friday:
http://kittypartay.blogspot.com/2014/09/feline-art-friday_25.htmlh!,

Kyra Wilson said...

I'm sorry to hear you were in the hospital, and I hope you are feeling better!

Deepa Gopal Sunil said...

The sketch looks wonderful...loved the eyes :)
Deepa
http://deepazworld.blogspot.in/

Magic Love Crow said...

You were in the hospital? I hope you are ok my friend ;o) Your forest woman is stunning! Wow! I can't wait to see her finished! Big Hugs xoxoxo

If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.