September 05, 2014

and it's paint party friday...

Yes it's that favorite day of the week!
FRIDAY
and that means it's
where all the creatives gather to see what each other's
WIPs or finished creations!
Click HERE for more information
and to meet the gracious hostesses
Kristin and Eva.

I picked up some very inexpensive acrylics,

along with three very small wrapped canvases
with matching little easels
and a beautiful hummingbird stamp.

 

I have never worked with such small canvasses.
The square one is 2"x2" and the rectangle ones are 1-1/2"x2-1/2".

BTW, I am staying at my Sissy's house this week and had to be 
VERY careful not to get messy. 

I painted the front and sides of the canvasses in a dark brown.
(These paints have no color names on the tubes)

Didn't spill a drop of paint and even had one of those puppy pads on top of my folding table just in case, which was a great idea because I did spill my coffee! 


No worries Sissy if you are reading this, the puppy pad caught every drop.

I decided the folding table on the carpet wasn't quite stable enough for my coffee, had to move the cup and made sure there was only a little water for rinsing my brushes.


I wanted the three pieces to flow together with lots of color.
Here is a better look of the beginning:


Oh, how I miss my good acrylics.
I'm hoping to have them out of storage and living in my own place soon.
So for now, I will use what I have with a big smile on my face
and gratefulness in my heart.

Happy, Happy, Happy PPF...
And have a great weekend too!

9 comments:

Tam Hess said...

Sometimes it's fun to work small. I know when I make a small sketch I love it and then a lot of times I will redraw the image large and yuck it's not so good. I love your small canvas paintings and good for you that you ONLY spilled your coffee.
xo Tam Hess
Happy Paint Party Friday!
CardMakingArtists.com

GlorV1 said...

It's a little difficult working small. I will try that soon. Those mini canvas are fun and very reasonable. There are about 20 in my studio that need to be used. I like what you are doing with the canvas.:)

Valerie-Jael said...

What you have made is fun, you made the best of the things you had. Valerie

Giggles said...

I admire anyone who can work small it`s difficult for me!! Good for you!

Hugs Giggles

denthe said...

Great idea to make your canvas a bit bigger by letting them flow together .... Love them. And they are TINY!

Tracey Fletcher King said...

It is always hard when you aren't in your own space,but it looks like you are making the most of it... these are darling...xx

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

I have tried to work small. It is difficult for me but satisfying when it is finished. Great job.
Nicole/Beadwright

Beth Niquette said...

This is very cool looking--such simplicity of line--yet elegant.

Lisa Isabella Russo said...

What tiny little paintings! They look wonderful!

If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.