April 25, 2014

it's paint party friday and your invited...

Every Friday Eva and Kristin host Paint Party Friday!
Go HERE to find all the amazing artist playing this week and maybe make a few new friends too!

I have been struggling with inspiration.
I have plenty of WIPs, all the materials and paint I need, just no inspiration.
And I start and just stare, thinking some inspirational lightning bolt will hopefully hit me and off I will go, conquering any project lined up.
Alas, no lightning bolt.

I have been working on this painting for WEEKS!

I woke up this morning and started on it again, changing the center of each flower and the petals.
The butterfly picture in the background is also another WIP that I have ignored for months. It started as a canvas that I would wipe my wet paintbrushes on.

For the past couple days I have gotten out my new Tulip fabric paints of all kinds; markers, neon, puff paint, 3D paint and 24 tubes of standard colors.
The plan was to see how the fabric paints work compared to the acrylic that I normally use on fabric projects like purses.
Luckily there was a spot left on the floor for my 5' folding painting table.


Below is a lime green purse with the beginning of what will be colorful leaves:

And the one thing I did manage to finish was one of my Forest Faeries. Her name is Vine:

That's it for me this week.
Time to go out an visit, that's the fun part!

Have a Fantastic PPF!

18 comments:

Studio Kaufmann said...

Hi Rasz! Vine the forest fairy is so charming. I love the green bag too. Happy PPF

Netty said...

all great works Rasv. Happy PPF, Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful work, nice to see you back again. Valerie

Michelle Howe said...

Love the painting mom. The purse is awesome and I'm stealing vine. Hehe

JoyCorcoran said...

Exuberant and colorful. Thanks for sharing!

Kooky Makes said...

Love seeing all your vibrant and exciting work.

Faye said...

Vine and the flowers works are super, but I am really excited over the butterfly painting in the background. What a hoot that the background was where you wiped your painty brushes! Beautiful.

Michelle Howe said...

I think I will steal the purse too. :-)

Ophelia said...

I feel the exact same way!! Wondering where in the world my art mojo has gone. The photo of your work table makes me so happy 😄! Love what you have created!

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

All wonderful works of art. The Fairie is so charming.
Happy weekend
Nicole/Beadwright

Bronson Hill Arts said...

It may be a WIP, but it is so very pretty right now!

Enjoy the process, Rasz!

-Barb

Diana Evans said...

Lovely paintings and be still my heart!!! hummingbirds!!!! I love these and can't wait till they are back in our yard too!!!!

denthe said...

love that green purse! Did you make that yourself too? I'm always working on more than one canvas at the same time, and the wonderful thing is that you can just leave it when you're stuck and concentrate on something else for a while. Usually the inspiration will come....

Giggles said...

Wonderful pieces Rasz!! Looks like lots of enjoyment with those vibrant tulip paints!

Hugs Giggles

Kyra Wilson said...

My eyes immediately went to the butterfly canvas on the wall behind... love it! And you say it's not done?

Magic Love Crow said...

Wow girl, you have a lot going on! I love Vine! She is beautiful and that lime green purse is so cool! Everything is so fresh looking ;o) Makes me smile ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

NatashaMay said...

Wonderful! Love the butterfly. :) And the purse is awesome!

Li said...

Those flowers are gorgeous, they look so touchable! :-)

If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.