April 11, 2014

it's friday...it's paint party friday, yay...

First off, I need to apologize to our lovely hostesses, Kristin and EVA for coming to the party this late in the evening.
No matter what the time is, the party can stay blog hopping into the weekend.
Want to know more about the fun? 
Just go HERE!

This is still a WIP although I have an idea of where I am going with this.
 I have given up on getting a good photo of the background. I've taken so many and still can't seem to capture the deep colors.



I am making the petals of the flowers from recycled clean-up paper towels, Golden Soft Gel Medium, and more layers of petals. 




This flower shows better details of how the colors start to pop and a little of the layered texture.
The other two flowers on the right only have one layer of petals so far.

I guess we will have to wait until next week to see how this turns out...maybe I will end up with layers and layers of flowers, or a face somewhere, or a tree, who knows?

Time to go check in on this week's party-goers and do a little blog hopping. I will probably get to more blogs tomorrow morning with my cuppa cafe.

Happy Paint Party Friday!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend and remember to play!

15 comments:

Kooky Makes said...

Your backgrounds are so sumptuous even though you say your photos don't do them justice!

Kyra Wilson said...

What fun, almost summery work! :)

zenkatwrites.com said...

Love your summery flowers! I ofund you because you stopped by dkatiepowellart blog! Yah! Paint Party Friday!

Valerie-Jael said...

This is beautiful! Valerie

Alicia C said...

what gorgeous flowers! I love the colours and textures

Victoria said...

Gorgeous art..a floral dream! Very striking and so color-rich and vibrant..a very magical backdrop of textures and energy..stunning work!
Victoria
Happy PPF, and thanks for visiting me!

Gillena Cox said...

Rasz your sunflower are awesome, have a nice weekend, thanks for stopping over at my blog

Much love...

Annabelle said...

It's never too late. I'm surprised I'm almost done visiting everyone and it's only Saturday. I have no idea how everyone gets done by the first day . Anyway, glad you made it. Love the sunny sunflowers a fav of mine.

Annabelle : )

Michelle Howe said...

I love that mom! I'm gonna steal it!

Cindy D. said...

The flowers are looking great, especially the one with more petals. I am so interested to see what happens by next week!

Giggles said...

I LOVE this gorgeous mixed media piece! Just love the blending of color, the petals and the texture...I love everything about this stunning work! Can't wait to see the finish!

Hugs Giggles

Netty said...

Loving your fabulous canvas, Happy PPF, Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Magic Love Crow said...

I love this painting! It's bright and happy!

bellefrogworks said...

Rich and colorful painting - love the collaged sunflowers. I'd love to see how it ends up

Jo said...

Great colors and backgrounds. I've used recycled, painty baby wipes like you are using papertowels. Fun stuff.

If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.