February 09, 2014

more faces for 29 Faces of February Challenge...

Happy Sunday Night!
It's been a busy weekend and no time for computer fun.
I did, however, get several faces done for the Challenge!

I am really getting into this Challenge, which is hosted by the terrific Ayala Art and you can learn more about it and join in the fun HERE.

This Challenge is perfect for me because:
  1. There are no rules
  2. I can experiment with drawing faces
  3. I am learning so much about myself in this
  4. I can be behind a little and that's okay (I think?)
First is "Blue Lady".
She was fun to draw and a little sloppy. I used a blue Progresso colored pencil and had to make her features work because the new little, precious, tiny fur baby (aka MONSTER) ate my eraser.





 I was upset/angry over something (probably my art supplies becoming the little puppy treats). I had no control over the situation so I needed to vent and did it in a face. I started off with a orange colored pencil, then went to blue and then to brown.
If anyone can decipher the meanings of colors in a drawing, please let me know so I might find my answer instead of taking my frustrations out on a poor, defenseless drawing :)

I like this one. I took more care with her. I wanted to try only 2 colors, purple and pink, to see what the contrast would look like for a face. She is "Purple n Pink" and not quite finished.
I think her lips look like Cher, which was not planned.
She also looks much better in real life than on my monitor. 

Hope everyone is starting off their week happy, healthy and prosperous!

Thank you to all who have stopped by. I promise to get over, have a cuppa coffee and visit your neck of the blog-woods.

3 comments:

Lynda Norton said...

Great faces, love those pink eyes at the end. More pics of eraser eating monster needed though:)

Sunshineshelle said...

First of all you need to know... IT'S OK (actually judging by my posts) TO BE LATE ;) Looking like you are having fun with the challenge (outside of the art supply incident)Keep having fun, I think we learn new things everyday doing this :)

Magic Love Crow said...

I hope the eraser came out! LOL! Sorry, not to make fun ;o)
Love your faces! The last one, is looking really pretty!
I know orange usually means courage, brown, earth (very grounding) and blue, is usually for your voice, communication ;o)
Big Hugs ;o)

If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.