February 21, 2014

it's paint party friday...and 29 faces in february all together...

Happy Friday!
Today is Paint Party Friday, Yay!
And my painting today started off as a sketch for the 

Don't you just love a 2 for 1?

For more info and to join in on the Friday Fun go HERE.
And for more info on the 29 Faces Challenge click HERE.

I drew this face onto watercolor paper in hopes of maybe painting her someday.
She is now painted in watercolor:

Here's a little closer look:
 
The first sketch needed a little more something:

so I did a little more sketching:

I wasn't even  sure how watercolors would work with the heavy graphite pencil I used to sketch.
It worked great!
 
I haven't really been painting and this felt SO good!
There is something about cranking up the music and painting that takes me into another world where problems don't exist...pain is numbed out...all is fine...and I can let go of everything holding me back.

My goal today is to visit as many blogs as I can, see all the wonderful creations and maybe make a few more friends too!

Have a Fantastic Friday!

14 comments:

Tammie Dickerson said...

Wonderful! I am the same way! Creating art is so therapeutic, the outside cares just melt away with every stroke of pencil or brush! Wishing you many happy, creative hours this week! Happy PPF!

EVA said...

She turned out beautifully! Great to see you painting and joining in the party! Welcome ☺

Linda said...

such a lovely painting, and here's to more music and painting-have a great weekend!

Netty said...

A lovely painting Rasz, enjoy the weekend. Happy PPF, Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

MeOfCourse said...

Awesome work Rasz. She has depth and is beautiful. Have a great weekend.

Margik said...

A great work. Love the colorful face.

Cindy D. said...

Hooray for getting back to painting, which I am also doing today! She looks great. The sketches are really nice too! Have you ever watched any videos by the teacher Proko? He has really great ones on facial features that I recommend to everyone. :)

Magic Love Crow said...

She is so pretty! Great job my friend ;o) Keep painting and keep turning up the music ;o) It's great for the soul ;o)

Magic Love Crow said...

Big Hugs ;o)

Lynn Cohen said...

It's always fun watching an artist's process. I do love bright colors too! HPPF!

bellefrogworks said...

Oh - your faces are unique and fabulous. I forget time (and am late a lot therefore) when I have the chance to paint!

JKW said...

The face is exquisite. I had no idea water color would do so well with the graphite pencil either. Glad you tried it. Blessings, Janet PPF

Miss Val's Creations said...

She is gorgeous Rasz! Love those eyes.

Annabelle said...

Love her eyes Rasz, she's gorgeous!

Annabelle : )

If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.