February 26, 2014

faces and daffodills in february...

With only a couple days left in February, I'm not sure that I will finish the month with 29 faces for the 29 Faces in February 2014, hosted by the talented artist and teacher Ayala Art.

Here's a face I drew out last night, not finished:

There may not be enough February to complete the 29 Faces Challenge, however there may be enough time to visit more participants and see their creations!

Another thing that might not make it through the month is the daffodils that have popped up all over the yard due to our crazy weather. Daffodils in our area of Northern California usually are the beginning of Spring, late March of April. According to the latest weather report is rain! We are in a serious drought here so rain is needed and lots of it. I went out this morning and took some pictures, something I have wanted to do all month. With the two "storms" that are suppose to be coming, I know this may be the last day to get some good photos. It actually started sprinkling a little while I was finishing up the pictures.

Lots of daffodils!

The flowers seem to like bunching up around the rock outcroppings.

I love how the old oaks look in the background!

The bulbs can even crop up between the wood pile and the stairs.                          



















Here's hoping for some good rain! Hope you enjoyed the daffodils and have a Wonderful Wednesday!



5 comments:

Kyra Wilson said...

I love daffodils! :) I always forget to plant them though!

Magic Love Crow said...

I like the way your face is leaning! She is different from your others! The pictures are so beautiful! I love the one with the trees in the background! Big Hugs ;o)

NatashaMay said...

Great photos of daffodils. I hope they make it. :)

505whimsygirl said...

We really need the rain/snow here. You have a nice, large yard! I love the daffodils; hope they don't get drenched but I know what you mean about being in a drought.

Your drawing is great!

Hugs,
Kay

Michelle Howe said...

Very pretty mom!

If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.