February 02, 2014

29 faces of february 2014


Happy Sunday!
I joined the 29 Faces Art Challenge,
which means I will be drawing/painting/somehow creating
 faces all month and blogging about them.
Want in on the fun?
Click HERE! 
And a Great Big Thank You to Ayala Art for hosting this Challenge!

Here is a face I drew last night with graphite pencil, colored pencils and ink.
(yeah I forgot til last night the Challenge had started)
It's been a while since I practiced faces and was playing with the pencils for face colors.
I also jerked when I was lining the lips with black so that looks a little funny and she has a really large chin...need to work on dimensions.


Today's face is done in graphite pencil with blue and red:

I definitely need practice with faces and especially shading.

This Challenge will keep me accountable, keep me practicing, along with learning from all the other awesome creatives that have joined in.

It's late and I have some backgrounds that might need painted with a face, maybe?

Wishing you a wonderful Superbowl Sunday!

10 comments:

Ayala Art said...

yaay! I love them both, great to see you in the challenge!

Gloria said...

I think these are great and your signature in the corner looks good- is that a dragonfly?

froebelsternchen Susi said...

both are great!

Lynda Norton said...

Love your faces, nice to see you in the challenge too:)

Magic Love Crow said...

Robin, I love them both! Great to see you in this challenge! I know you will do well ;o)
I hope everything went well with your son!
Big Hugs ;o)

Kyra Wilson said...

Lovely faces! :)

Darnell J Knauss said...

It's so interesting to see you draw these faces, Robin, and I'm going to enjoy watching you grow as the process continues. You seem overly critical to me, but I know the whole point is to BE critical of those areas you feel you can do better. Compared to anything I could draw, I'd say your faces are wonderful!! Hugs, Darnell

Joan of LLD and ART is A Rhapsody Treasure said...

Hey There Robin!

What u talkin' 'bout!! These two faces are wonderful. They both are completely different, and own their own individual personality! The first one reminds me of how fashion designers draw...and the second one is SO pretty. I love that you used color sparingly! You are off to a great start. Can't wait to follow along for the rest of your 29 faces challenge!! Have FUN!!!

Katherine Klein said...

You are sooo great! Love your work!

Katherine Klein said...

It was great seeing you today!

If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.