January 26, 2014

to do, and to re-do...

Last year sometime one of my friends saw my Dragonfly Girl drawings.
She asked me to draw her as a faerie with dragonflies and my flowers.
I had never drawn a faerie...first time for everything.



Here is the first drawing. I knew it looked just like her since my kids were asking me why I was drawing Cat.



This is a copy of the original since I bent the original paper using an eraser on it.
The copy looks a little (okay, a lot) jaundice, her wings a little devilish instead of faerie and my dragonflies and flowers have evolved since I originally did this.



 Here is the new drawing, in pencil for an outline:






I am hoping to have this one finished in a couple days and off to her.

I am glad I didn't give her the first one with a crumple in the paper and decided on a re-do instead.
It's nice to see how my drawing has evolved in the last year too!

Now I'm off to figure out Facebook!
Hope you are having a Spectacular Sunday.

10 comments:

Li said...

It is fun to look at previous work and see subtle changes in style and detail over time. Glad you tried something new - it looks great! Maybe you should try a series of faeries (maybe even include a "devilish" one). :-)

okienurse said...

great drawing. I think you should do more faeries! Vickie aka Okienurse

~Rasz~ said...

Wow, two sweet, wonderful comments and both say maybe some more faeries? Never thought of that...maybe so. Does anyone know how to draw wings???? Hugs, R

Magic Love Crow said...

Hey My Friend, isn't it amazing how your art changes? I have been looking back at some of my art and it makes me laugh! LOL! You know I have always loved your faeries! I agree with Li, some devilish ones would be cute too ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

Magic Love Crow said...

Robin, look at some faerie wing pictures on line and go from there ;o) That's what I do ;o)

Magic Love Crow said...

Oh, you have to tell me how facebook went ;o)

Magaly Guerrero said...

I love the devilish wings, and the bright flowers and dragonflies... and your friend, Cat, has amazing eyes--deep and thoughtful. I'm sure she'll love her faerie. I would!

Lynda Norton said...

She is lovely, I have a ton of books from Amazon teaching me how to draw fairies, mind you they are still not as good as yours.

Darnell J Knauss said...

Cat is going to be amazed by this, Robin! How neat that you have this chance to see how you have evolved! Our blogs are good for that, too, sometimes embarrassingly so! (Not you, me.) You may have a new career turning real folks into fairies, or devils, as the case may be!!

Enjoy the day! Hugs, Darnell

Kyra Wilson said...

Nice improvements in the second drawing! It looks great!

If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.