November 27, 2013

i'm back and it's woyww #234...

I'm so excited to be back out here in blogland, especially for WOYWW!!!
Today is "What's on your Workdesk/table/space/bed/floor Wednesday!

This fun event is hosted by the wonderful Julia Dunnit over at Stamping Ground.
Every Wednesday we get to show off our work areas and hop around to work areas of other creatives all over the world.
Anyone can join so to go visit Julia HERE and learn more.

Here is my art table this morning:


I've been playing with the drawings I did of flowers and dragonflies.
I paint each items with watercolors and add a layer of Golden's Soft Gel Medium in between each layer of paint.
First layer was the flowers, second was the background, then dragonflies...I love the effect of multiple layers of the gloss medium.

I'm also starting to do more of my paper towel art. It's been a while since I have done it. Considering I have a basket full of paper towels that were used to wipe/clean my brushes from other projects, I think I need to see what images are hiding in all those paper towels.

I am entering on of my paper towel paintings into the Incite2: Color Passions contest.
Her name is "Lost In Time":
That's it for me today!
Time to go out to Julia's and get my number of the day.

Have a Wonderful WOYWW!

9 comments:

Lorraine said...

like the painting

Magic Love Crow said...

Hey Robin ;o) You have been busy girl! Loving the painting you created out of the paper towels! You will for sure win the contest ;o) Have a very happy Thanksgiving ;o) Oh, just to let you know, there is a giveaway, here, for another pillow case cover ;o) Thought I would let you know ;o) I love the one I won ;o)
http://www.lilshypillowcases.com/2013/11/christmas-giveaway.html#.UpaH3sRDtZh

Gloria said...

I enjoy reading about your painting techniques; you are bold! The paper towel art is ingenious.

Happy Thanksgiving

Li said...

Hi Robin! You are soo inventive with your mediums! My workspace was cleaned yesterday for the holidays, which is actually a little depressing. A sterile environment is not conducive to art! :-) If you're in the USA, Happy Thanksgiving.

Eliza said...

What a fantastic and entertaining post, thank you I really enjoyed hearing about your techniques, especially love your paper towel painting. Thanks for sharing.

Belated WOYWW greetings.
Eliza & Yoda 12

Lisa Richards said...

Love photos of watercolor boxes! I'm inspired already!
Have a fun WOYWW,
Lisa #95

Maxam Made said...

I really enjoyed reading your post! Have a great weekend, Ginny #19

Lynda Norton said...

Nice to see you back and painting, as usual I just dont have time for WOYWW anymore, not to go round others anyway so would not be fair.

Well, I love the idea of medium with water colour, I had no idea about - and the paper towel art blew me away, how on earth did you achieve that wonderful painting with paper towel? I am baffled.

famfa said...

i am very very late this week, sorry. welcome back. love your painting - fabulous. thanks for your comment. i used the big silver bell in the end because the tiny bells got lost in the huge bosomness
famfa 2

If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.