September 11, 2013

it's wednesday and thats woyww...

It's Wednesday!
And it's WOYWW #223!
The one day we get to share our work spaces and visit other creative's work spaces all over the world.
It's also a great way to make new friends and connect with some old blogging friends.
To find out more, go HERE!

Before I "show off" my work area, I would like to send out a prayer to all those effected by 9/11, including the military, and their families, who are still fighting and have lost loved ones in the never-ending "conflict" in a foreign land.

Just the date itself has meaning all over the world. 
My prayers go out to all.

Below is what I found as I took Charlene outside this morning in the dead brown dirt of a Northern California Summer. 
Seeing this beauty among the dry, bare spot had deep meaning for me and for this date:

Okay, with that said and a deep breath, let's move on:

I am REALLY getting organized!
I did NOT tidy up at all.
This is it:

Here is the sewing area (aka "not the kitchen table).

Nice and neat with everything for sewing here. I am really making progress on getting organized.


The plastic container holds embellishments, and all other fun stuff I use to attach the purse straps or to add a little bling!


Here's the ironing board with an actual, dirty iron on it! There is also painted and stamped little canvas gift bags and the latest purse just needing handles sewn on!

Hanging on the easel is a raspberry/rust colored purse ready for use. On the side of the easel is a lightweight cotton tote. The flowers are done in ink and some are colored in. Several flowers wrap around the bottom corner to the back. I think I am going to leave it this way.


Next on tour is my amazingly neat art table. I just finished up painting and adding little sparkles to the gift bags that were sitting on the ironing board. It is a rare Wednesday when I can be busy yet not so unorganized or messy. Normally pictures are taken in the morning looking however my area(s) are.



Mr. Bear is hanging out on the couch today.
And, I found several of my paintings were collecting dust in the closet. I hung them on the wall behind my art table.

That's it for today's tour of my little corner of the world.

Now it's time to go see what number I came in at and then go visit everyone I can.

Have a WONDERFUL WOYWW!!!

20 comments:

Robin Spitzer said...

Enjoyed visiting you! Love your bags and especially your cute little bear!

Hugs Robin #51

Regina Hamilton said...

I really like your bags. I love that beautiful flowers. Happy crafting #5

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm working on getting organized, too. In fact, that's why I'm taking a hiatus. We should get together for a paint day. I make silly quiltlets that hang on a wall, but don't need to be cut or measured. Still, I love to dye and paint fabric. I love what you do, but I think your mop up cloths are what I would end up using (grin).

Thanks for stopping by and leaving comments, even though I'm not playing in WOYWW this week. That flower in the dirt is the PERFECT symbol for today. It shows so much hope and promise amid the dust and barren ground, much like we felt that day in 2001.

I have visited before and seen your wonderful paint brush. It looks like the perfect ergonomic way to paint. Very impressive and so well suited for the job. I must look for one.

Thank you again for being YOU. I so appreciate it.

Becky said...

There really is beauty in everything, isn't there. Such a day for reflection. Thank you :)

You have a lot of crafty goodness going on here! I love the bags!

RosA said...

I enjoyed visiting your craft space. And I especially like the three paintings on the wall! Thanks for stopping by! Have a good week,
RosA # 86

kay said...

Loving your bags :-)
Happy WOYWW
Kay #45

ike said...

WoW... another person clearing and organizing !!! It must be an epidemic :-D Thanks for letting me snoop and hello to the cute Bear :-D

HAPPY WOYWW 223

IKE in Greece #91 XX

voodoo vixen said...

This must be the season for sorting stuff out, and it looks like you are doing a great job, love the paintings now residing on the wall instead of a cupboard and your bag with the grouping of flowers on one corner is lovely! Happy WOYWW from Annette #2

Jana TangledPen said...

That was truly a meaningful find on your walk... I love your tribute.

Your bags look great - I envy your for your organized table(s)... there's lots to be done to be and STAY organzied at my house ;)
Cheers, Jana #64

Lynda Norton said...

love the flower for the day - such beauty.
Must say I would like to see more paintings on that easel too, as much as I love your bags, I do love the paintings, couldnt see them so well round there, but glad they now have wall space.

I forgot it was Wednesday this week - busy packing as going away for a bit soon x

Daniella said...

Oh my goodness! so many crafty places to look at!! And your bags are awesome!!
xxDaniella#15

Kelly said...

I always enjoy seeing your newest bag creations! Lovely art work on the wall. Certainly did NOT belong in a closet ;-) Creative Blessings! Kelly #105

Sharon Madson said...

I can see that you are a very talented painter. Looks like you have a lot of fun in your space. Thanks for the tour! :)
Sharon
#129

Helen said...

Enjoyed my tour, very much. Thanks for stopping by mine too. Helen 19

Magic Love Crow said...

Robin, things are changing in your world! I can see it and feel it and I am so excited for you! Just the way you have everything organized and you are coming up with so many different things too! Love the little gift bags! And, I am so happy you put up your art as well! The good energy is flowing, keep it up! That flower was a great sign! Big Hugs ;o)

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

That flower certainly bloomed on the perfect day to bring a breath of hope for the future. Your paintings look beautiful, and the wall hanging arrangement worked beautifully. Sorry for my late WOYWW visit.

thefrugalcrafter said...

Thank you for the kind sentiment:) The bads are awesome, love the panted fabric look! Great space!
Lindsay #21

505whimsygirl said...

You have a whole lotta bags there. I do like your flowers in the corner of the one on the easel.

It's been too long that I've participated in WOYWW.... need to get my act together.

Great bloom in the dirt!

Peace,
Kay

Darnell J Knauss said...

Sorry I so late getting around, Robin! I'm glad I got a chance to see all your organization and improvements! Doesn't it feel awesome?! I especially love that you framed and hung some of your art pieces!!

Happy Belated WOYWW! Enjoy the rest of your week and thanks for coming to visit me!! Darnell #24

Kezzy said...

Wow wow wow your bags are absolutely gorgeous and your art on the wall is truly amazing. I'm a bit late visiting this week sorry. I really love your organisation and your messy desk. Happy Woyww :-) Kezzy xxx

If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.