August 21, 2013

it's wednesday, and it's woyww #220...

YAY! It's Wedneday and that means it's 
What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday
(aka WOYWW) hosted by Julia Dunnit

It's the day where we all get to show off (or cringe with embarrassment) our work spaces and get to visit work spaces all over the world.
Want to join in? Go HERE.

Here is my art table:
I just finished up painting some extra fabric for a rasberry tote and purse that I am making. 



Oh and there is my cell phone charger I have been looking for.

You may have seen Mr. Bear's fuzzy feet at the bottom of the picture above. Well Mr. Bear is keeping my seat warm and making sure Mallory and Miss Kitty stay off the table...

I have to dry out some of the torn up blankets I use to catch all the watered down acrylic paint I use. 

This was Monday's drying cloth and look what I saw? See it? It's a happy face! The two round eyes were made from yogurt containers.

The ironing board is holding two totes-to-be that need to be ironed out and labeled.

















On the other end of the ironing board is my new clear platic box holding my thingy's to add to the totes and purses.


 My son purchased six of these perfect sized plastic boxes for me :)

Onto the sewing area. Just a few items to stitch up.

















Oh and there is my coffee! I need a refill NOW! I must because I have no idea what happened to this picture, eeeehhh yuk!

Onto some good stuff. My girlfriend who owns a boutique downtown got these samples of eco-friendly bamboo/cotton totes and a messanger bag.
They feel so soft and are very, very thin. To thin and soft for me to paint however I could do some doodle-ing, drawing stuff to them and it might come out cool.


Either way, what a great friend to get these for me and help me along.




And now I have a compliment/complaint to Blue Bunny Ice Cream. They make these awesome, heavy plastic containers for their ice cream:


I was so excited to rip the label off and use it for something after writing on it what I was using it for. The problem is I cannot get the label off!!!! It's a vinyl-something material that I think could be used to paint an airplane!

After fiddling with it for about half an hour this is as far as I got:












Any suggestions to get this label off? 
Oh and Blue Bunny Ice Cream is GREAT!!! Try the Banana Split or Bunny Tracks if you can get it in your area.

Have a Wonderful WOYWW Week!

16 comments:

Darnell J Knauss said...

That's too bad about the label, Robin. I have no ideas, except maybe you can slap a extra large label of your own over it. Your totes are coming along great! LOVED that you saw the happy face and share it!! Happy WOYWW! Have a wonderful week! Darnell #16

glitterandglue said...

A good looking happy face - amazing what appears amongst our work sometimes. Those bags are lovely - well done.
Have a great week.
Margaret #55

Roberta B said...

LOL, where to start. First I love to see Im not the only person who leaves notes to myself :-}. And the bear keeping the seat warm/kitty off of table. well I think I may have to try that one. Your tote/bag are very interesting ;-} I like.. I would have to stamp all over them. Im bad. lol Anyway glad to see you again, Im still working getting to everyone's desk.. so thank you for sharing and have a bright day. Roberta 26

Ali H said...

Hi - great bags ! I would paint over the label if its that stubborn ! try a couple of coats of gesso to blank out the colours then I find dabbing the paint on with a papertowel works much better to get a thick coverage than a brush... just a thought ! Ali x#30

john-w said...

Thanks for stopping by and your comments. I think your bags are great. I'd agree - if a label is that stubborn, I'd paint over it. In the DIY department, rather than the art & craft department, you can get special paint that is designed to cover graffiti, so if it proves difficult to cover as well as remove, try some of that! Kind regards, john-w #95.

Shoshi said...

Lots of fun stuff on your desk this week, Rasz - bears are good for keeping kitties off things, aren't they! I love all your fabric painting, and the totes are lovely. As for getting the label off, if it's really as stuck on as that, I'd agree with others in saying slap some gesso on and then add stuff to that. Much the simplest way. I'm a gesso junkie - luuuurve that stuff.

Thanks for your lovely comment, and yes, it's great to be feeling better so soon after starting the meds. As for my ARTHaven, it really is exciting, isn't it! I've got a day over there tomorrow and hope to get a lot more unpacking done.

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #94

Ria Gall said...

your bags look great shame the other ones are too thin to paint.
Looks like you might have to make some sort of label to go over the ice cream tub
Have a really great WOYWW and enjoy the rest of your week
Hugs Ria #85

Neet said...

I've seen containers that have labels like that and I just use Gesso or old emulsion paint to give it 'tooth' before I decorate.
Love your bags - what kind of paint do you use - does it withstand washing? Must have another look through your blog for clues.
Hugs and thanks for visiting me earlier, Neet - 32 xx

voodoo vixen said...

Lovely totes and I saw that happy face even before I read what you wrote! Great friend to think of you and I am sure you will do something fabby with them! I am late in doing my rounds this week... pain got the better of me. Happy WOYWW Annette #6

Kelly said...

Good morning! I always love seeing your tote bags in progress and what a sweet son to buy you those inexpensive but oh so useful storage boxes. I store all my fat quarters in mine.

Everyone seems to be in agreement about gesso or painting over the stubborn label. Another great container is Nestle Quick. Narrow but roomy!
Creative Blessings~ Kelly #131

Lynda Norton said...

What a busy bee you are. LOL at the smiley face, yes saw that. Looks like your new totes are going to be fab, love the notice about the labels, I should have had one of those I always forgot too.

as for your box, sand it down and cover it with papers:)

Lynda #94

~Rasz~ said...

Thank you everyone for the wonderful, encouraging comments. Does anyone know how to enable the ability to respond to each comment on blogger? Anyway, sounds like the gesso wins! I have a gallon container of the stuff so no problem there!

To Neet: I use watered down acrylic for the color of the tote, ink, coloered pencil, marker or straight acrylic for designs or scrappy flowers made from leftover canvas. They could be washable however I put a gloss acrylic sealer on the purses so they are wipeable to clean and that cannot be machine washed. Another prob with machine washing is that the purse or tote will get wrinkled and loose its shape if washed and dried. All my purses are heat treated so the colors stay on well. E-mail me if you have any other questions.

Magic Love Crow said...

Robin, sorry again, I am so behind! I will try to e-mail you back today ;o)
First I have to say, you are a beautiful soul! WOW!!! You are truly so pretty! I love your smile ;o)
You have been busy as usual! Everything is looking great! I love the totes your friend gave you! Very nice of her!
I was and still am laughing my head off about the icecream container! Such a little piece you got off! LOL! Good luck with that! I think you got some great suggestions!
I promise to help you with the comments! It's in your layout section! I will give you the instructions when I e-mail ;o)
Big Hugs ;o)

Magic Love Crow said...

Forgot to say, nice gift from your son, with the plastic containers ;o)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Had to laugh at the bear keeping the seat warm and out of kitty reach. Too cool.

I am impressed that you paint these bags you make. Watered down acrylics? How clever.

Sorry I'm late getting here. Happy slightly late WOYWW from #10.

Gloria said...

Banana Split for sure! You could soak or heat up the label, but it would probably be a fiasco and not worth using after that.

Mr. Bear cracked me up, he's keeping your seat safe.

The raspberry tote sounds pretty!



If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.