July 10, 2013

yay! it's woyww #214...

Yes, it's Wednesday which means it's What's on Your Workspace Wednesday (WOYWW)!
My favorite day of the week.
You can find out more about the fun HERE!

So what's on my work table?
Not much, just the leftovers of the latest painted purse, pocket and the flowers that will embellish it after the pocket is sewn in.

The rest of my "workspace" is scattered about:
Removable bottoms for the totes and purses on top of the ironing board amongst a mess I need to organize.

And onto the kitchen table:
This is where items in waiting are laying about.
I have a magenta/purple purse ready for the pocket to be sewn in. There's an inside out top to a pair of jeans ready for the serger to make a jean purse that will be painted or stamped or something once it's sewn up and of course my trusty Singer that seems to sew threw layers of thick canvas without a problem.

Last week I received a couple great comments that I wanted to address today.
The first came from Lynda Norton over at www.mycreativelifestyle.blogspot.com


Lynda was wondering if she spotted a greyhound in the background of one of the pictures of my work table. GREAT EYE LYNDA!!!! Although it was not a greyhound, it was my lightning fast Catahoula Charlene (which is a type of hound):
Right now she is pouting because I am doing this instead of giving her attention.
She is actually my licensed service dog and my constant companion...and very, very spoiled.
These dogs are known to be extremely clever and manipulative and she definitely owns up to her breed.
Oh and Lynda they are often thought to be greyhounds because of their large chest, tiny waist, awesome body form and strong long legs.
(nice description to have, right :)

The next suggestion came from Darnell of www.djcardkreations.com
Darnell suggested that I frame the canvas I painted from wiping my brushes off. I found a couple of neon frames I got, from somewhere, for I have no idea why and pulled them out.
Do you think one of these will work?

Well that's it for me!

Have a WONDERFUL WOYWW...
Now to run off and see what number I am!

14 comments:

Annie said...

Lovely to see fabric crafting on your desk :-)
Hi,
I wanted to say thanks for calling by at mine but you have left a comment on my last week's post. Mr Linky has played up and linked to the wrong week :-( If you want to try again I have put an extra link in to take you to the right post. Sorry about that.
Hugs,
A x #61

Claire said...

I think the purple one will make the delicate colours on your canvas really pop! you are so multi-talented, rasz, painting, sewing...
thanks for stopping by and leaving a very lovely comment x
happy WOYWW and have a fun week :)
no. 31

505whimsygirl said...

Either of those frames will work! I call that a Happy Coincidence!!

I haven't joined in WOYWW in quite a while - this will change next week! I also haven't been visiting blogs, how very sad for me....

Peace,
Kay

Shoshi said...

Lovely busy desk with all the nice fabric. I can't wait to get my sewing machine up and running again!! I love the picture and the frames, and I'm sure either would do equally well. Beautiful work...

Thank you for your lovely comment. I'm so glad I haven't got cancer, but it's ulcerative colitis rather than IBS which is what I'd always assumed it was, having been diagnosed with it many years ago - when it returned it seemed to be the same. Anyway, there is medication that can help apparently, and I'm now waiting for a hospital appointment. As for my new ARTHaven, lol at your comment! I said to my hubby the other day that I shall be torn between 3 rooms in our new house, that I will want to spend ALL my time in - my new ARTHaven, my new bathroom, or my new kitchen!! I agree - I think I will probably want to sleep in my ARTHaven rather than the bedroom lol lol!! I am so enjoying the relief at my news, and watching my wonderful room take shape, I could leap for joy. As for getting it dirty - I'm scared of that!! The builder wanted to paint the worktops white, but I said they would soon look grubby and scratched, and I've asked him to leave them as they are which is more practical. I shall try and keep it nice for as long as possible without hampering my creativity too much, I hope! I also don't want to mess up the lovely new floor. Keep an eye on my blog because there will be lots more photos! We're going over again tomorrow and more progress is bound to have been made.

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #92

Spyder said...

Aw, I'm sure your dog would love to learn to do a bit of crafting! Great desk, ready and waiting for some new creativemess I mean ness!
Happy WOYWW!!
((Lyn)) #11

voodoo vixen said...

What a lovely dog and yep, I would be quite happy if someone described in those terms you used!! LOL I think either of those frames would be perfect, you have the greens and the purply shades in the canvas!! Annette #7

April Story said...

Charlene is adorable! I think all of our fur babies are manipulative, but we love and spoil them anyway.
April #107

Heather Henry said...

Wow, so many fantastic projects. I love the hot pink bag you're working on. I do love the picture and I think the green frame would look perfect with it...the purple would too, but for some reason I feel like the green would really compliment it. yay!! I hope to chat more with you soon. Big hugs!!

Lynda Norton said...

Wow, thank you for the education, can see in this picture she is not a Greyhound, but I would have said Lurcher this time. Lovely dog either way, yes I did have Greyhounds sadly they are long gone now, I do still have a Lurcher though.

Yes, I like the green frame too.

Thanks for visiting my blog too, the dogs in the cards belong to the customer. xx

Lynda #82

Krisha said...

MMMM, both frames would work for that lovely piece of art.
Krisha #5

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love that you put a sign on your machine to label your work. I forget to do that, too. Great idea that stays fresh in your mind.

I actually prefer the green frame. If the lavender one was toned down a bit (possibly with gesso, or a beige glaze), it would work, too.

Thanks for dropping by earlier. Happy WOYWW from #2.

Darnell J Knauss said...

Hi Rasz! Another great post with lots of creativity going on! That was a nice photo of Charlene pouting!

I'm delighted that you are going to frame your lovely accidental art! I think the green. In the photo the purple seems to be competing with your art. LOL! I love that I sound like I know something!!

Happy Belated WOYWW! Have a great week! Darnell #24

Magic Love Crow said...

Hey My Friend ;o) I love seeing what you are working on ;o) Your puppy is so cute! A great companion for you! I think either frame would be excellent! Have fun ;o) Will e-mail soon ;o) Got some money for you ;o)

Kimberly Hogan said...

I really wish I had a better relationship with my sewing machine. We just don't understand one another.
I love your canvas, either one of those frames would work. Which ever one you don't use, you should make a complementing canvas for the other frame, and display them together. The waste canvas really is a great idea.
Charlene is a beauty. Very unusual breed. My nephew had a dog of the very same breed. Dogs are awesome, they love you unconditionally, no matter what. Thanks for stopping by my desk as well. (((HUGS)))
Kim :D

If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.