July 03, 2013

woyww 213...

YAY! It's Wednesday and that means it's the time during the week to post my workspace and to go visiting lots of extremely talented artist's work areas too! For more info or to join in the fun, visit the wonderful Julia Dunnit, creator of WOYWW, at her blog Stamping Ground

On to my work area:
I am making a pink tote with stamped magenta flowers and dragonflies and with pink (almost shadow-like) flowers and dragonflies. The darker flowers have a multi-colored bling, bling in the middle.

And a butterfly painting that I pulled out yesterday:
I used this canvas to wipe off my brushes from different projects. I had some cut-outs that were in my way and I did not know what to do with them so I stuck those on the canvas too. Somewhere along the way in my mess, I just laid it up against the wall and forgot about it.

And here are some new goodies that were gifted to me.
I know I can add these to purses, totes and mixed media paintings. YAY!!!!!!! 




















I really haven't done much this past week. We have had over 100 degrees for six days now, tomorrow will hopefully be the last day. The only light I have in my work space is this light, which puts off heat, so I am not hanging out there much.

 My heart goes out to the 19 Fire Jumpers and all the people of Arizona who have lost their homes and loved ones.

Time to go visit all the other WOYWWers!!!

Have a Wonderful Wednesday!

13 comments:

Regina Hamilton said...

That canvas is stunning. Happy crafting #12

Anne said...

The canvas is brilliant - just love it. Happy WOYWW Anne x #65

Liz Black said...

That is a beautiful canvas :) Amazing what can come out of 'leftovers' lol. Thanks for sharing and Happy Woyww Liz@63

Ali H said...

Lovely canvas ! Hope it cool enough to think straight for you soon ! From a chilly wet West Wales !! Ali #28

April Story said...

Your butterfly canvas looks great! Sounds like summer has arrived in your neck of the woods. April #128

Gloria said...

Your brush wiper canvas is beautiful, happy accident!

Losing the firefighters is so tragic. My heart goes out to their loved ones.

Hope your weather cools off soon.

Happy Holiday!

ANNETTE HUSBAND said...

G'day Rasz
thanks for dropping by my blog for WOYWW. Oh goodness that butterfly canvas is divine. I just did a temperature conversion as we use Celsius in Oz so 100 is about 37.7C here...oh that's my normal daily temperature here in the North of Oz. I do miss a good cool Winter though after living here for the last 20 yrs without one *sigh*. Yes very sad what happened to the fire fighters. It touched us here in Oz too
hugs
Annette In Oz #21

voodoo vixen said...

I think the butterfly canvas is fabulous... wish something I cleaned my brushes on would look half as good! Annette #4

Magic Love Crow said...

Please stay cool my friend! Take care of yourself! I am loving the new pink tote and that canvas is beautiful! Funny how things come together ;o) My heart goes out to the fire fighters who lost there lives! A horrible tragedy!
Have a safe and happy 4th of July ;o) I promise to e-mail soon!
Big Hugs ;o)

Lynda Norton said...

All lovely, and did I spot a Greyhound in the background there?

Hope your weather cools soon. I'm in the UK we dont see too much heat as a rule:)

Lynda #94

Darnell J Knauss said...

Happy Belated WOYWW! Are you in northern California, too? Isn't this heat so draining? I'll be happy to get back to normal next week!

Thank you so much for following me, Rasz! I will properly introduce you to everyone on my next post! It's a thrill to have you along!!

Now about that canvas. That so needs to be framed and hung or gifted or sold. What a masterpiece just made w/out a thought from your brush-offs! I so love it!!

Thank you for the birthday wishes! If you don't put yours on your side bar, at least let me know when it is, please. Thank you! Have a great week! Darnell #77

Julia Dunnit said...

How do you make art from wiped clean brushes...amazing. Love the tote..have you done the felting yourself too? bet you haven't worked on it too much in the heat, even here in MUCH cooler GBI'm putting off sewing together some wool squares!

Shoshi said...

I would really suffer in that heat, Rasz! I know what you mean about lights throwing off heat - every degree counts in a heatwave, doesn't it. Your canvas is absolutely stunning... Beautiful work, lovely subtle colours.

Thank you for your lovely encouraging comment on my blog. I have received so many, reassuring me how unlikely it is I have cancer, and it's really helping! Above all, I value your prayers. They are very precious and much appreciated. After my preliminary appointment yesterday I do feel better about the test but can't say I'm looking forward to it much...

So glad you like my new ARTHaven. I'm posting again today with yesterday's update so hop over and turn green with envy lol lol!!!

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi

If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.