June 12, 2013

WOYWW 210

YAY!!!
It's another week of WOYWW!
(What's on Your Workspace Wednesday)
Every Wednesday we get to look into other artist's work areas and get a glimpse of their world.
WOYWW was created by Julia Dunnit over at
For more info go HERE.
WOYWW just celebrated it's 4th year.
This is my 4th week and I am hooked.
So hooked that it's 9pm here in California and I am just now posting. I don't want to miss a week.

What's on my workspace today?
A Beautiful card and ATC from Kay over at 505whimsygirl!
This card has an actual photo of the Black Mesa in New Mexico on the front.
Kay knows I use to live in NM and miss it!
Then this AWESOME, WONDERFUL ATC!!!
Can you see the textured background? Isn't it pretty?
\\

Once the card & ATC were removed, here is my much neater, much more cleaned up and organized work area:
What a change from the past several weeks!

Once the painting and drying are done it's time to gather the pieces, figure out the layout, pin and sew. This is the part where I need room to spread out in a small area and a little more organization, I did say LITTLE, right?

 Purple painted tote with pocket and strap pieces.

 I found a safe and clean place for my flower-making materials.
It's a book bag one of my best friends made for me years ago.
I hung it on one of the two stand-up lamps behind my table.
The pic of the bag closed turned out yucky and it's too late to take another.

 My BIG find this week was a bag of a "25 piece painting set"!
I kept the top of the bag in the jar to keep these brushes separate.
The reason this was so cool is because I am blowing through sponges and paint brushes and I don't want to use my "painting" paint brushes and needed some more less-expensive (aka: cheap) brushes for the color wash on the canvas fabric.

A clear plastic tub from the grocery deli holds all my metal findings & stuff like D-rings, barrettes, clips, pins, magnets, etc......

This wood box has a broken front latch. It works great to hold flower hair clips and headbands. There were a bunch more but I seem to keep giving them away :)

 This green one is my favorite.

Well besides getting my area cleaned up and a little more organized, that's about all I have done this past week.
My bowl of painted flowers is over-flowing so I have plenty for the next four totes that are on my table ready to get finished. After that I have ideas for two new purses!!!! Can't wait to try them out. I'm sure I am re-inventing the wheel however I cannot use patterns. I do not even have a pattern for anything I do. I just eyeball it and cut it out. So it is always interesting when I see something or think of something I want to try!
Maybe I will have a new design next week, or a bigger pile of usable scraps. Either way it's a lot of fun and that's what matters.

And Kay, your the best! Thank you SO much!

Have a great WOYWW week!



7 comments:

jill said...

Lovely crafting desk & great projects. I'm with you on liking the green flower best. Happy crafting & sorry i'm a little late , Jill #28

okienurse said...

busy looking desk Rasz! Love all the color going on in making those flowers! I think I like the pink flower but the green has so much detail and contrast in the dying. hmmm...difficult choices! I lived in Albuquerque when I was a child and missed it a lot for years. Life was so laid back and different then what I encountered with the next post. When we went back to California it was a relief to be 'free' again. Funny how living in the Baptist bible belt in Oklahoma can affect a child. Now I just ignore the radicalism. Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a great week! Vickie #26

Carol Clements said...

Lots of arty goodness on your desk. Loving the flowers. It looks so much fun
Thanks for popping by. Have a great weekend
Carol

Ali H said...

Lots of lovely projects on your desk & some fun stash too ! have a great week Ali x #22

April Story said...

Lovin the purple bag. I can't wait to see the finished product. Great job recycling containers. :-) Thank you for visiting my desk earlier.
April #110

Magic Love Crow said...

A new design for a purse??? I can't wait to see! Everything is looking great in your work area ;o) You come up with great ideas, to reuse things! That is one thing I love about you Robin! Those atc's are beautiful! I promise to e-mail soon!! Sorry, behind, again! LOL! Hugs ;o)

505whimsygirl said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed your NM card and ATC!

Love the flowers!

Happy WOYWW
Kay (93)

If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.