April 04, 2013

spring has sprung...


Here in Northern California, the flowers sprout up through the cracks of the rock outcroppings. 
The beautiful mossy covered rocks are as magnificent as the colors of the seasons that surround them.

I remember reading Louis L'Amour books when I was a young child living in Ohio. His description of this area's terrain perfectly described where I now live. I love to look across a field or on the side of a hill and see these amazing rocks shooting out of the ground as if they are missiles ready for take off.

The gladiolas and tulips are budding now. 
Soon the yard will be even fuller of bright, luscious 
Springtime colors.

I have been sick this past week so I painted some totes and made some flowers, but got very little else done. 

Tell me how Spring is showing her beauty where you live?

6 comments:

Tracy Moore said...

Love the flowers...the ones outside and the ones you made! You've been sick too? I came down with stomach virus from hell on Saturday night and just ate my first real food today. Hope you're feeling better too.

Gregg Metcalf said...

I miss the north east corner of CA where I lived for two years. I miss the high desert, especially in Modoc County.

Amanda Trought said...

Rasz, the flowers do look pretty, I have had some daffodils spring up in my garden, and some blue bells, looking forward to the warmer weather and the scented blooms. Blessings

~Rasz~ said...

Hi Tracy-Yep this bug is rough.Glad you are feeling better. I think I am just getting over the hump! It was great to get back out visiting blogs and you!

Hi Gregg! So good to hear from you. Hope you and your wife are doing well. I didn't know you lived in No. Calif. Yes it is a beautiful place to live.

Hi Amanda! It was wonderful visiting you. Wow you have so much going on. The rain wiped out our daffodils :( I hope you continue your beautiful flower posts.

Magic Love Crow said...

I am sorry you have been sick my friend! I hope you're better ;o) We still have snow! There are buds on the trees, but usually not until May 24th, is when things really start coming out! Love all the flowers you painted ;o) Hugs ;o)

~Rasz~ said...

Hi Stacy! Yeah this bug has taken me down a bit and I have not done much but rest. Thank you for your caring thoughts.

We sure haven't had a normal winter here, warmer temps and not enough rain or snow pack. No planting gardens until after the end of May here. Glad you liked the flowers! Big Hugs!

If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.