March 20, 2013

ruffles and raindrops...

Up here in Northern California we have been having very unusual warm and dry weather for this time of year. As much as everyone has been loving this early Spring, we really have needed some rain and mountain snow.

Today is rainy and cold. The woodstove is provides a warm, glowing atmosphere here in the studio with the raindrops on the roof creating the perfect background sounds.

Charlene (my dog) has been curled up all day napping.
I have been busy creating more totes.
Today I finished up this ruffle tote with lace roses:
front of tote

lace roses

This tote is lined with material from an old t-shirt:
inside lining

back of tote

My son's girlfriend wants this one for her college books, although when I gave it to her she quickly filled it up with the contents of her purse!

I have four more totes sewn and painted waiting for embellishing.
As soon as I find out how to use Pintrest, I'm going to post some of the totes as I make them.

Hope you are having a relaxing day and working on something that makes you smile.

1 comment:

Magic Love Crow said...

Amazing my friend!! I love your bags! I am thinking of joining Pinterest too! I'm not on facebook or twitter, but I thought Pinterest would be a good place to show my art, like your bags! Robin, seriously, are you going to sell them on your blog? Your son's girlfriend has the right idea ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.