December 13, 2012

13 days 'til Christmas, oh no...

Where has the time gone?
13 days until Christmas. I'm making all my gifts this year and I have not even started.
So from today on, it will have to be one or two gifts a day, oh no!
Can I do it? I certainly hope so as buying gifts this year is not an option.

News from the last several weeks...
My latest mixed media painting:

This shows an example of the texture:

She took several weeks to create to the point where I just had to say "she's done" whether I thought so or not. 
Below are a couple pictures of her beginnings:


Her face, body and hair were made from a crumpled brown paper grocery bag.
The flowers were made from random pictures from magazines.
The butterflies were cutouts of butterflies repainted to match the painting.
I still don't think she's done but I have to get on with Xmas presents :)

Oh, I have a new bedroom/studio!
Great lighting and a comfy warm feeling.
These pictures are the room in progress as I was arranging things:


One thing I have realized in the past month is that everything most people do is out of habit. And habits can be good or bad. 
This blog will be two years old in a few months and I have slowly gotten out of the habit of blogging.
I also have gotten out of visiting all my favorite blogs, continue my friendships with my fellow bloggers and finding new wonderful ones.

Since I have 13 days to make my Christmas presents, I thought it would be fun to blog every evening with what I have made. 
This will work good as none of my family reads my blog anyway :)
It will also get me back into the habit of blogging too!

Is anyone else making presents this year? If so, what are you making and where did you get the inspiration?

Have a Terrific Thursday!

1 comment:

Magic Love Crow said...

Hello my friend ;o) How is the Christmas presents going? I am sure you are going to do! You can make them all! I hope you don't have to make too many? I have made a lot gifts this year. Many aceo's and paintings. Your latest painting is beautiful! I think you have finished her, but then, if she is still talking to you, she isn't done! Take Care ;o) I forgot to say, your new room is really nice! I like a lot ;o)

If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.