August 28, 2012

entering another exhibit...

The local art council's ArtSpace is having another exhibit
"Colors of the Soul".
I entered four paintings, including the one above.
Today the judging is taking place and I will find out if any of the four will be accepted.
(deep breath!)

I still find it so hard to put myself out there.
Its also challenging to get the pieces ready to show without much resources, pushing me to get more creative.

The painting above was part of an 11"x14" background I was working on:

I liked it so much that I stopped and couldn't decide what to do with it.
I cut it down to 8"x10", used a mat and frame I already had
and VOILA!
It really did come out nice.
I think it will be accepted.

I wanted to enter my latest painting although I had no idea how I was going to get it "hang-able" as it was painted on a 9"x12" flat canvas. I did not have a mat or frame to fit so I found an old 11"x14" canvas that I had messed up and painted the sides to match the painting that would be glued on top of it:

Ummm...too plain....so some matching fabric spray paint took care of that problem:

I used Gorilla Glue to glue the flat canvas on top and this is the finished piece:

(glue don't fail me now!)

I also entered "Hidden"

and one of my Dragonfly Fairy Girls:
(you can tell that I am still learning how to take photos
of framed pictures without reflections showing up)

The picture on the bottom from the July show has already been accepted into this exhibit:
The Association actually kept this picture on display at the ArtSpace
since the July show!

I'm so excited (and nervous) that I had to share.
Please share anything exciting happening in your world!
My laptop has not overheated (yet) as it is a little cooler today.
This will give me an opportunity to blog hop a bit.
Hope to visit you soon.

Have a Terrific Tuesday!

5 comments:

505whimsygirl said...

Hey Rasz,

Good luck! All the paintings look great - especially the "gorilla glued" one! That stuff is strong so I bet it'll stick just fine!

So today the judging takes place - when will you know?

Thanks for your sweet comment today!

Hugs,
Kay

Gregg said...

Very nice collection. You are certainly talented! I would love to hand an original Rasz in my office!

Li said...

Congrats! Fingers crossed for you, can't wait to find out results :-)

Magic Love Crow said...

Yepee! So happy for you! I know you will do well! I am putting good energy out there for you! Big Hugs ;o)

ArtMuseDog and Carol said...

Wow ~ That is exciting ~ loving your painting and am sure you will be accepted ~ Great to hear from you ~ Carol (A Creative Harbor)

If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.