July 20, 2012

matted and framed dragonfly girls...

I matted and framed several of my dragonfly girls.
The next exhibit at the Art Council's theme is BIG and I don't think I will be entering that one since I have nothing BIG...yet.
The following exhibit will be "Healing".
I want to enter some of my dragonfly girls since drawing, coloring and painting these pictures have been helping me through my healing.

Here are a couple I matted and framed to see what they look like. I am still trying to be able to take pictures of my art once there is glass on top....Ahhhh!!!! Still learning.



The last one I named Laura in Orange. After I drew and colored her she looked just like my childhood best friend Laura Joy who passed away at 22 from childhood Leukemia.
Cancer has taken so many people from my life and I wanted to honor her.

I would really appreciate your feedback and critique!
I have over 20 dragonfly girls now and continue to create them daily. I have several that I am now painting on canvases.

Tomorrow is the Art Council Reception where I have to be present as an "Artist".
I wonder if I really am an Artist or just someone who doodles for myself.
I think it has to do with my low self-esteem and health situation.
Again, I would appreciate any help with that too!
Hopefully I won't hyper-ventilate and pass out, haha!

Have a Fantastic Friday and a Wonderful Weekend!
Remember to tell your loved ones how much you love them.
Each day God gives us is so precious.
Big hugs to all of you!

2 comments:

Magic Love Crow said...

You are right my friend, each day is so precious! I wish you all the best! Just remember to breathe ;o) I am very shy myself, and I don't like calling myself an artist either. So, I totally understand where you are coming from! Just be you and talk from your heart, because that is where your art came from! It was created with a lot feeling! They are all very special creations and I meant that! Love them!

Magic Love Crow said...

You are right my friend, each day is so precious! I wish you all the best! Just remember to breathe ;o) I am very shy myself, and I don't like calling myself an artist either. So, I totally understand where you are coming from! Just be you and talk from your heart, because that is where your art came from! It was created with a lot feeling! They are all very special creations and I meant that! Love them!

If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.