July 28, 2012

i'm officially an artist, yikes...

Last Saturday was our local downtown Art & Wine Art Walk. The downtown association sponsors this event every 3rd Saturday throughout the summer. Most of the stores stay open late with wine tasting and plenty of local artists displaying everything from handmade jewelry, pottery, handmade porcelain, sculptures and paintings of every medium imaginable.

I have been attending the Art Walk every summer with dreams of someday being an "artist".

Well my two paintings were still part of the ArtSpace exhibit last Saturday. As being part of the exhibit it gave each artist a chance to spend the evening greeting and talking to people at the exhibit's Reception.

I was so nervous not knowing what to expect or what was expected of me. Once I got there it became a magical night. I was introduced as one of their newest "Artists".
Really, ME? An artist amongst all the artists I have admired for so long.
I felt like I was a princess for a night.

The exhibit did well and one of my paintings was the first to be SOLD!
A wonderful lady bought my painting "Flowers in the Forest".


Its taken me a week to even post this and there are so many new changes taking place in my life, but that's for the next post.

Hope everyone has a Wonderful Weekend!

2 comments:

Magic Love Crow said...

Yepeeeeeee!!! So happy for you!!! I knew things would turn around ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

~Rasz~ said...

Oh Stacy, you're the greatest! Thank you...and big hugs right back to you:)

If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.