December 26, 2011

santa brought art stuff...and more...

First off I hope everyone had a wonderful day yesterday and was able to share laughter and love with others!

Since my boys are grown and have to share themselves at other family festivities, we dedicated Christmas morning at my house every year.
We open presents and have Christmas breakfast together and for me, it's the best way to start off my Christmas Day.

Along with sharing the morning with both of my boys, my oldest son's girlfriend and her daughter and my boyfriend, I got lots of wonderful artsy presents!

Two new Grumbacher brushes and three wooden hinged boxes:

I have been asking for some sturdy boxes and cigar boxes to create
my own altered boxes,
 inspired by the ones that Diane Salter at My Art Journal creates.
(I want to be like her when I grow up!) 

Then I got this cool travel watercolor book that will make a great art journal,
or maybe just a cool travel book!

And the big present was a work table!
Now this is really perfect for me because I can sit on the couch with pillows and a heating pad on bad back days and lower this table to fit across my lap or raise it up when I need to stand!

And now "the more"...
Moonstone is my favorite and I wear a moonstone pendant almost every day.
I got moonstone earrings that I have been wanting from my favorite local consignment boutique!
And in a beautiful altered box!

I also received two gift certificates to that boutique so I can go shopping!!!!!

Oh and a great new ceramic traveling coffee mug covered in pink and purple pasley designs, a gluten-free cookbook, an awesome smelling candle that is burning right now, lotion, and the cutest dish scrubber that I forgot to take a picture of. Maybe that will work for tomorrow's post.

And the best "and more" was the love and laughter I got to share with the ones I love!
To me, that is the Spirit of Santa and the blessing of God to give us this day together in His son's name.

Blessings to all and hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas or a wonderful day in the Holiday that you celebrate.
Even though the presents and food are great, the best part of the Holidays is to be with those we love and remember how precious each and every day of the year is.

8 comments:

Magic Love Crow said...

Wow Robin, you had a great day! I love all your special gifts! Those moon stone earrings are amazing! I love moon stone too! Very powerful stone! I am so happy you had a great Christmas with your family ;o) I did too ;o) Hugs ;o)

Diane said...

I would say that you had a very good Christmas!! We do the same around here--even though my kids are older and starting their own family traditions--they always come home on Christmas morning--it's fun (however they do tend to become little kids again, if you know what I mean :)
I love it!!
Love your gifts and thank you for wanting to be me when you grow up
:)
..any help you need..just ask!!

~Rasz~ said...

Hi Stacy! Looks like we have something else in common too...moonstone! I have been wearing the same pendant for 15 years now, although it's only been this last year that I wear it almost every day. It just calls to me! I am so happy you had a great Christmas with your family too!!!

Hi Diane! And you and I have the same Christmas morning in common! It is fun and YES they do become little kids again. Its so funny to watch. Maybe that's why I needed a nap after they left and I got all the cleaning done? I do love the way you create your boxes with your beautiful art. And I will be asking now that you offered :) You are wonderful!

Becky~ said...

I love your artwork,Im a new follower too!Happy New Year!

~Rasz~ said...

Hi Becky! So nice to meet you. Your blog is absolutely beautiful and I am now a new follower too. Thank you for your sweet compliment!

Heather Henry said...

Robin, it looks like you had a truly blessed and wonderful day, family is the best and to share such an awesome day with them, is truly a gift. Your artsy stuff looks like it will be so fun to play with, wish we could have an art day together. I could use some other artsy people to be inspired with. Those earrings are gorgeous and so is the box they came in. How fun!! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful day, you deserve it. Blessings and peace to you, my friend! :)

Terri Morse said...

Wow, Rasz! This is such a wonderful post. I'm so glad you had a happy Christmas. It looks like you hit the jackpot in art supplies! Your moonstone earrings are beautiful. I've had my eye on that travel watercolor journal at Michaels. I hope you have lots of fun with it. Speaking of watercolor, I got twelve new tubes of DaVinci watercolor paints, a masque pen set, and a new foot for my sewing machine to do free motion sewing. It looks like we'll both be having lots of artful fun! Hugs, Terri

~Rasz~ said...

Wow Terri! You and I did hit the art jackpot! And you got a FREE MOTION FOOT? Oh I want one of those. I can't wait to see what you will create!!! And those new watercolors too...hmmm...fabric, free motion sewing and watercolors...sounds like a project to me!!!! I'm already digging into my new stuff and playing. Glad you had a good Christmas too! Big Hugs my friend!

If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.