December 23, 2011

i'm almost ready...

As usual, doing Christmas last minute is challenging yet fun and creative.
Here are a couple of items that are done!
Actually all I have left is to get some stocking stuffers and make more fudge.

My oldest son and his girlfriend's new handmade stockings
for their first Christmas together:

For Philip's stocking I used plaid wool with a red felt lining: 
the stitching is in hunter green,
 although I could not capture a good photo of it.

Nicole's stocking was done with a heavy red felt inside to support the satin material:

I used a sheer satin material with red and pink sparkles as the body of the stocking, cream colored satin for the cuff and added a shabby rose made from the sparkly material. It really came out nice. 
I had so much fun making these stockings I am going to do a lot of them next year!

Then I thought of a fun way to give out all the fudge I made. I took Kerr Canning jars and glued holiday wrapping paper to the lids,

Then just fill with fudge and add some ribbon!

Have a Fabulous Friday!

4 comments:

505whimsygirl said...

Those stockings are wonderful! I still have stocking from I was a ittie bittie babe.

I just love kerr jars, especially the large mouth ones.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!!!

Magic Love Crow said...

How beautiful!! I love the stockings and the way you packaged the fudge!! Fantastic!! I really love it all! Merry Christmas!!!!!

Li said...

There's nothing like a homemade gift :-)) Merry Christmas to you, and a peaceful and creative New Year.

Heather Henry said...

Oh Robin, these are wonderful. I love the fudge in a jar idea too. You are so creative!
Merry Christmas! Big hugs!!

If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.