December 17, 2011

another dragonfly girl...

 Here is the second "Dragonfly Girl" I have done.
I draw them in ink, covering the ink drawing with gloss gel medium and then painting with watercolor and acrylic. Adding the watercolor paint on top of the gloss gel medium gives a real interesting effect and not much control of color on my side. But it's fun and I like it.
The only problem I ran into with this one is I tried some new glittery watercolor for some of the details and when I applied another coat of gloss gel for more texture, it smeared.

Here are two more ready to paint today:

I wanted to remind everyone there is only ONE WEEK left to do that Christmas shopping, gift making, wrapping, decorating, baking and cooking!

Are you ready?????

I have a tree up...and a box of cards that I "plan" on getting out today...oh and the ingredients for homemade fudge that I want to make.....

Have a Splendid Saturday!

4 comments:

Heather Henry said...

Oh Robin, these are all sooo wonderful. I love the colors you use. Everything really pops out and there is so much feeling and expression. I'm so glad you are getting time to paint. These are truly lovely. I can't wait to see the other two finished.
No, I am not ready for Christmas. I have a bit more shopping to do and some gifts I am working on and should be working harder to finish. I need to take an entire day and just do nothing but that. Diligence!! :)
Big hugs to you! I hope you are well. Peace, dear friend!

Magic Love Crow said...

I love your new girl! I think she is beautiful! I can't wait to see the other ones done ;o) Merry Christmas my friend ;o) I am ready ;o) And, I have been good ;o) LOL!

505whimsygirl said...

Your dragonfly girl is just adorable! Isn't it interesting how mediums work together? I need to experiment much more than I do.

Tree is up (albeit a 3 footer)with presents all wrapped. I'm not planning to do any baking - might make some homemade granola for a few people. Also, my homemade salsa is a hit!!

~Rasz~ said...

Hi Heather! Thank you so much! Now I am working on how to mat them up. Glad to know I am not the only one not ready...and my to-do list keeps getting longer.

Hi Stacy, my lovely Crow Friend! Thank you so much and Merry Christmas to you too!

Hi Whimsy Girl! Thank you and I am having fun playing around with the different mediums...Sounds like you are all ready to go too!!! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas

If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.