November 21, 2011

getting back to art...

Life has been so busy that I began to lack motivation, inspiration and even confidence to really get back into doing art, the one thing that makes my soul feel so good.
Why is it that when I'm feeling down it can be so hard to just do the little things that brighten my spirits?
I guess it is just too simple, and sometimes simple just seems....
well....too simple.
It's just too easy to make things difficult or stay stuck in my mind instead of my heart.

So I got out of my head and remembered that I needed to focus on all that is right and good in life.
That this is the day, the present moment, that God has given us and to enjoy.

Here's what I have been working on:
The beginning of a Vintage Harley-theme book purse I am making...



Then I found these cute little cardboard cut outs at the local dollar store. 
I can use the pieces to add to projects and then use the background of the cardboard for stencils!

I added a couple of cutouts to a piece I was working on a while back:

Then I added some paint to the cutouts and a little bit of blue and green to the background,
and more gloss gel medium to add some texture:

The pictures are not that good. I really need to go out to Picasa and work on my pictures before posting. 
That or learn how to take better pictures.

While I was waiting for the book purse covers to dry (I am actually working on 4) I thought I would try to just play around with some watercolors. 
Flowers and dragonflies of course.

Time to work on these purses.
I hope everyone's Monday is Marvelous!

9 comments:

505whimsygirl said...

The Harley book cover looks great. I am drawn to dragonflies -- so definitely love the watercolor painting.

Thanks for sharing!

Diane said...

I am glad to see that you found a way out of your slump. I experience them as well and either i just "wait it out" or if it is a commissioned piece I must complete, I just "force myself" to work through it and eventually I have a breakthrough.

It is strange that sometimes when we need it most, our muse eludes us!

Smiles,
Diane

Gregg said...

You are so talented. I can't draw a straight line. Glad you are back to being an inspiration!

Magic Love Crow said...

Wow, everything is looking fantastic! You have jumped back into doing what you love and it shows! Yeh! Smile and take it day, by day ;o)

Diane said...

I can see how you write this--that art is lifting you up. It's a good feeling!
And I love what you're doing here--cool Harley bookcover!

Heather Henry said...

I am so glad to see what you are working on. It definitely boosts the spirits when we create. I'm glad you are getting back into the spirit of things. I know it's been crazy for you and I think this is just what you need. :) I am so excited to see the finished purses, I hope you will show the finished products. And wow, your painting has really come a long way, it looks wonderful. The watercolor is also quite beautiful, I always love your flowers and dragonflies. You have your own unique style. Hope you are having a good week. Big hugs to you!!

~Rasz~ said...

Hi Whimsy Girl! Thanks for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment. I've always been drawn to dragonflies too.

Hi Diane C! Yes I am trying to get out of the slump and thank you for sharing how you deal with them too. Where is my muse?

Hi Gregg! Trust me, I can't draw a straight line either, that's what old plastic card edges are for, haha!!!!

Hi Diane! Yes art definitely lifts me up and I just need to get my fingers messy to remind me of that.

Hi Heather! You are just so sweet. And thank you for the encouragement and compliments. Yes it has been a crazy ride this past few weeks and I really need a break and just create.

I want to thank all of you and your comments. Life has really been difficult this past month or so and the encouragement and inspiration I get from all of you lifts me up so much! Thank you and you are all so special in my heart!

Hi Stacy! Yes I have to start taking it day by day instead of worrying too much about next week. Thanks for the encouragement~

Sandra said...

Robin, can't wait to see how your Harley book purse turns out. Yeah for making ART! I know what you mean about simplicity appearing so difficult. Glad you're back to making art. Your watercolor is so sweet I still look at my ATC you mailed me this summer (flowers for a friend) and it brings me great smiles. Take care of yourself and enjoy the coming Thanksgiving holiday.

Much love and hugs to ya,
Sandra

Terri Morse said...

I love your watercolor painting! It is such a joy to look at. So happy to see you making art. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Hugs,
Terri

If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.