November 26, 2011

don't quit...


I have been carrying this tattered little card around for as long as I can remember.
It's usually tucked away in a wallet or pocket of a purse...even in the back pocket of my jeans years back.
I forget about this little card with it's wonderful wisdom,
sometimes for years.
It never forgets about me though. 
Whenever I am in need of these words the most,
this little card appears.
Today I was looking for my Costco card that I had left in a wallet I had not been using,
and there on top of the other items was this card.
Now I had already took out the "important" stuff from the wallet weeks ago,
not even noticing this life reminder.
But today I needed these words more than ever,
and I am sure that is why it, appeared once again,
just as I was ready to throw in the towel on my dream.

I know we all have times when we want to quit, when we do quit,
so today I wanted to share these words from this little tattered card with you:

DON"T QUIT
When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
When the road your trudging seems all up hill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As everyone of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about,
When he might have won had he stuck it out,
Don't give up though the pace seems slow,
You may succeed with another blow.

Success is failure turned inside out,
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far,
So stick to the fight when your hardest hit,
Its when things seem worse,
That you must not quit.
(Kristone)

Have a Splendid Sunday and please share this little motivation with anyone you know, including yourself, that may need it.

5 comments:

Diane said...

Thanks Rasz--we all need this reminder--no matter where we're at in our journey--thanks for posting...

Magic Love Crow said...

Fantastic, thanks Rasz ;o)

Heather Henry said...

Thank you for sharing this Robin. It is much needed, more often than not these days. I've heard this before but it seems it has been awhile since I've read it. A wonderful reminder. I love it when good things like this pop up out of nowhere. :) Have a wonderful day!!

~Rasz~ said...

Hi Diane! After reading the card I was really wanting to share it with others, because we never know when something will be needed by someone else too!

Hi My Lovely Crow Friend! Your welcome! And thank you for all your encouragement too!

Hi Heather! Yes I love it too, when just the right message comes along my path and just the right time. Glad you enjoyed it!

Keena said...

Thanks for the reminder...I needed to hear this!!!

If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.