September 15, 2011

where did this last week go...

I woke up this morning and realized IT'S THURSDAY!!!!
Where did the week go?
What have I done for the past week?
Let's see...
last Friday was doctors' appointments and getting ready for Saturday.

Yes! Saturday! An annual event I look forward to every year!
Saturday was the 6th Annual Kacie's Ride for Hope.
This is a motorcycle ride where 
"Bikers unite for an end to Domestic Violence". 
I've been volunteering at the ride selling 50/50 raffle tickets for the past three years.
This is one event that is near and dear to my heart.
Pat Barron started this ride after his younger sister was shot and killed by her ex-boyfriend.
The ride raises money for our local domestic violence/sexual assault agency and also spreads the word about domestic violence. Everyone's hope is to someday end domestic violence with more education and community awareness.
You can read all about Kacie's Ride for Hope HERE
To see spectacular photos of the gathering that started in our historic downtown, the gorgeous  putt through the Northern Sierras and the BBQ after the ride go HERE.

Here's a few pictures I took with my cell phone as the hundreds of bikes headed out for their ride.









Hundreds of bikes lining the streets! It was incredible to watch them, hearing the engines echoing off the old buildings. After the bikes all left and everything was packed up me and the other volunteers that weren't riding headed over to the Hall to set up and get ready for the bikes to come in. There was bbq pulled pork lunch with all the fixin's, cold sodas and water, a band, contests and raffle!
It was a great day.

Sunday I was exhausted and laid around watching movies all day. I cannot remember the last time I just laid on the couch and spent the entire day watching TV.

The bad part of laying around all day on the couch is I started noticing all the areas that had not been cleaned for a while, well since I herniated a couple discs in my back.
So I have been slowly doing an "Autumn Cleaning" (you know, feels like Spring Cleaning just different season) for the past few days.

Oh I did make a squeeze bottle for my honey!
(no, not the spouse/partner kind of honey)
I buy local honey in a 16oz jar and wanted to put it into something I could pour out of.
I used an empty plastic agave container like this:

I tore the label off which did not come off all the way and left a papery film on the bottle.
Now that looked really tacky so I got out my markers.

Some doodling, add a little distressed ink, change out the cap and VOILA:

A recycled, not so tacky as before plastic squeeze bottle for my honey!

Today's SHOUT-OUT
My heartfelt Shout-Out today goes to Pat Barron, his wife and family and all the other families worldwide that show us how to turn a horrifying family tragedy into an amazing event to help prevent other families from going through what they experienced!
If you didn't check out the website already, you can visit Kacie's Ride for Hope HERE.

So...have you ever woke up wondering where the week went?

Now I am going to (hopefully) spend the rest of the day painting, since I think I have captured all the dust bunnies that have been multiplying under everything in my home.
What are you doing today, or this week?

Have a THRILLING THURSDAY!!!!

4 comments:

Heather Henry said...

OH my! You are so awesome. What an amazing event to be a part of and be involved in. Great pictures too.
I also love your honey jar, very creative and sweet.
My week last week was one that flew by. This week, I've been spending a lot of time painting. I am enjoying the cooler, Fall type weather and walks with my boys.
Hope you are well. :) Hugs!

Magic Love Crow said...

Hello my friend ;o) Busy week you have had! Me too! I actually don't know what I have been doing, but it has flown by! The bike ride for domestic violence, is fantastic! What a great thing to do! It's great so many people get involved! Your honey bottle is so cute! Made me smile ;o) Take Care ;o)

Keena said...

Just been chillin' today. I haven't felt well. Hopefully tomorrow I can get sme cleaning done.

Sandra said...

WOW! it's wonderful you have found such a worthy charity to volunteer for. My week has been super crazy and I am now just getting caught up on blog views. You were on my mind. Hope all is well with you and your health and as always I look forward to your blog updates. Thanks for sharing ;-)

If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.