August 26, 2011

paper towel atc's...

I really get lost in creating backgrounds with my used, painted, messy cleanup paper towels from other projects. I have made lots of backgrounds for ATCs using this technique. 
Here are a couple ATCs that are almost finished. 
I wish I had taken before pictures of the background so you could see how the image appeared. 
And I am sure you understand how that goes. 
For me, I get this spark of inspiration and I just start playing. 
The last thing on my mind was the camera since it was in the other room.
this is "sad eyes". She is almost complete, I think?

here is "hummingbird in flowers"...
a few touch ups and a thick coat of Liquitex gloss gel medium and it'll be done too.

Below are pictures I took today of some backgrounds for ATCs that I finished.
I played around with my Liquitex Gloss Gel Medium; I tried light gel medium, heavy gel medium, scrunching up the paper towels a little and even tearing up pieces of different paper towels and making a collaged background.
It is so much fun seeing what comes out when they dry!
These backgrounds really inspire me to look for the image they hold.








It'll be fun to see what appears
out of these!!!
Do you see any images?

My prayers go out to all who are affected by Hurricane Irene, may you be safe!

3 comments:

NatashaMay said...

That looks really fun! I like the shine of a glossy medium. And that face is beautiful!

Magic Love Crow said...

You are doing a great job! These are all wonderful! I love the face and the hummingbird! Now for the other ones not finished yet, I will start with the very last one, I see crows and a river in the middle. The next one up from that, I see a face, top right hand corner. The next one up, I see a cat in the middle. And, the fifth one from the bottom, I see a landscape ;o) Take Care ;o)

Diane said...

These are just so Cool!!! I love those sunflowers too
:)

If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.