August 10, 2011

more playing with paper towel art...

Although my paper towel art is pretty simplistic, I have to say it's a blast to create. 
I am having the best time playing with paper, Liquitex Gloss Gel Medium and lots of watery watercolor.
A simple, messy, creative playground without knowing the outcome.

This is "Sunrise in the Sierras". I created it by re-using my cleanup paper towels.
Instead of making a background with the paper towels, this time 
I collaged the images I wanted with pieces of the paint stained paper towels.

For my next couple projects below, I used Liquitex Gloss Gel Medium (I am really lovin' this stuff) to collage the clean-up paper towels as a background and then used watercolor paint to create the images I saw in the background.

I started with this:
and it became this:
This is "Becoming".
I saw a woman emerging from her cocoon becoming the beautiful being she was created to be. 
I kept trying (too many times to count) to re-paint her to how I thought she should look and each time she dried she was back to looking like this, so I stopped trying to change her and just accepted her for the way she is!
Now that's a good life lesson too.

At first I saw my dog Charlene in this background.
then other images appeared also:
This is "Summer With Charlene".
I just brought out all the images I saw:
Charlene (my beautiful dog)
hummingbirds
butterflies
flowers
and some other images hidden within the colors
can you see all of them?

WIP:
backgrounds for some ATCs in progress.

That's what I have been up to these past couple days, resting, a little art and great music.
The perfect prescription for healing!

SHOUT-OUT:
I realized I was so excited to get my art space completed that I had not done my Shout-Outs on the last posts. I apologize for that one.

There is an INCREDIBLE, CREATIVE, UNIQUE artist, Diane, over at My Art Journal. I thought I had put her in one of my Shout-Outs and found out I had not. So sorry Diane!
Diane makes the most beautiful mixed media wall art and altered boxes!
Her blog has SO MUCH great stuff ; tutorials, tips for arts & craft shows, 
along with lots & lots of eye candy!!! 
Diane is also a sweet, encouraging, sharing woman!
If you want to get those artistic, colorful juices flowing, visit Diane HERE!

Hope you are having a WONDERFUL Wednesday!

11 comments:

rajns (carolyn) said...

Awesome looking art - love that it uses paper towels!

~Rasz~ said...

Hi Carolyn! Thanks. I love the way you recycle paper too! You have some very creative ideas with paper.

Diane said...

Oh Robin--thank you so much-this made my week! I'm always so happy to help and encourage artists because they always do the same for me--including you! I love what you do with these paper towels! YOU are inspiring me! Thank you for that and for the very sweet mention of me.
Hugs to you
Diane

Magic Love Crow said...

These are fantastic paintings! I truly love them all! The one that has your puppy in it, I see a person's face? I really love these paintings! Have a great day!

Sylvia Ney said...

These are amazingly beautiful!

Keena said...

your art is very beautiful....you are so creative....good job!!!

ArtMuseDog and Carol said...

Raz ~ love your art and I keep thinking I am going to try it ~ soooooooon ~ I hope ~ Great work! namaste, Carol ^_^ (Share the Creative Journey and A Creative Harbor)

Sandra said...

You've done it again, shared your art to bring smiles to all who view it. Great shout out, I met Diane during the 30 Days challenge and I agree she's one terrific lady! Loving your ATC cards, I'm working on mine for the August swap hoping to mail out in a week or two... More art mail coming your way.

Arlee Bird said...

This is pretty crazy. You are amazingly creative.

Lee
Tossing It Out

~Rasz~ said...

Hi Diane! You are so welcome! Glad you like the paper towel art. It really is loads of fun.

Hello My Crow Friend! Glad you also like my playing around. Every time I look at Charlene's I see more images. It's pretty cool.

Hi Sylvia! Thank you so much for visiting and the sweet comment.

Hi Keena! And thank you. I hope all is well with you and your family. Thank you for stopping by.

Hello Carol and darling cute Zoe! I hope you do try this, it is amazing at what comes out of the messiness. BTW, I love the new look of your blog, beautiful as always.

Hey Sandra! Can't wait to exchange ATCs with you! Diane is great, isn't she!

Hi Lee! Thank you for stopping by. I think that should be creatively crazy as I am beginning to think I need some intervention with this paper towel play! See this is what happens when someone is not coordinated enough to even juggle two balls.

NatashaMay said...

This is a really cool way to use up all the paper towels from wiping the brush. :)

If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.