August 29, 2011

i've been getting aligned...

in balance
This painting is from the Total Alignment 2nd Invitation.
I have to say this has been the most exciting thing I have ever done with paint/art/creativity!
Connie suggested painting BIG so I got some new BIG paper (18x24, at 50% off!)) and a BRAND NEW Grumbacher long handle round brush (also at 50% off!). I am IN LOVE with this brush. It is the only brush I used on both paintings!
Oh and I hit a bonus sale (Shout-Out to Aaron Brothers awesome sale that allowed me to get all this fun stuff! Your store and staff ROCK!) on Amsterdam Arcrylic paints. They had several colors (that I guess were not popular but I really loved) on clearance at only $2.48 each and then there was an additional 50% off!!!!
I have been using the inexpensive craft acrylics and cannot believe the texture, the feel, the pigments, the yummy-ness of using some good paint and a great brush!!!!!  
There is something about Total Alignment that has my creative juices flowing! It gets my creativity out of my head and allows it to just flow through my heart to my hands!
Really if you have not checked out Connie, Total Alignment or Fearless Painting I highly recommend you do.
It's really not about the art at all.
It does not matter what I create or even if I like it.
It is learning to release all that junk that gets in the way of my true creativity.
It just feels oh-so-good!

I had so much fun doing "In Balance" that when I was done I did not want to stop.
So here is what I continued on to do:
after balance
I look at these paintings and really wonder where did "that" come from?
This is not what I normally do.
It is SO freeing and fun I do not even care.
And honestly the joy that I have found doing these exercises is priceless!!!!

Connie is starting up an online workshop at the beginning of September called Inner Breath!
This one is so on my wish/prayer list!
AND she is one of the teachers in the upcoming HUGE YEAR LONG class Life Book hosted by Tam over at Willowing.org.

Now there is a couple of juicy delicious classes to get inspired by!

I also have finished a couple ATCs. 


One of them will be sent to a Willowing and Friends member Yolanda in Puerto Rico whose house was flooded by Hurricane Irene and she lost all her art and supplies. Willowing and Friends members are banning together to send her ATCs and art supplies to help her out and cheer her up. You can read about it HERE.

I pray that all of you that were in the path of Hurricane Irene are safe and sound. And know that your cyber-community is a strong and supportive community ready to help if needed!
God bless all of you.
Hope you are having a Marvelous Monday!

7 comments:

li said...

I really love the brilliant colours of the first one!

Magic Love Crow said...

I love all the paintings you created! Fantastic and so unique!!! A+++

~Rasz~ said...

Thank you Li and my Crow Friend for your sweet comments. I am really having fun and just loving the new process, passion and playing outside of my "inner critic" zone.

Heather Henry said...

Awesome colors on both of them. They look really wonderful, I am definitely going to check that out. The first one reminds me of Chakra, with the alignment. I'm really happy for you that you've found a workshop that helps you to free your creativity. What a blessing. And good prices on art supplies, woohoo, always a huge blessing. :)

Diane said...

Oh I LOVE these!!--they remind me of the papers that I just got--but these are better because they came out of you.....one-of-a-kind creativity--the best!

~Rasz~ said...

Hi Heather! Thank you...yes a fantastic workshop and an awesome sale on just what I needed. Hey Heather, I've been trying to contact you via e-mail, can you send me an e-mail to raszart (at) gmail (dot) com? Thank you SO much!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you Diane. You are so sweet!

ArtMuseDog and Carol said...

The paintings, the Atcs are stupendous and I can feel you 'stretching and expanding your art and your art syle! You go, Girl! Wonderful! ! ~ hugs and namaste, Carol ^_^

If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.