August 04, 2011

creating art space progress...

Yippie!!!! The table is now in!
Well, actually the "table" is a 5' folding table (with the legs tucked underneath) that is perched upon two 2'9" tall by 14" wide shelves that I picked up at a yard sale awhile back.
With the folding table height included, my work area is almost 3' tall, which is great for me. 

I can stand and work if needed and when sitting, I use a bar stool/chair that I have added a cushion and back support to. The chair also provides a place for my legs to rest and relieve the pressure on my back.
Great ergonomic working environment.
The wall in front of my table is done. I used the brown hanging basket to hold my blow dryer.
I still have lots to put away and there is so much more paper and stuff to bring in!
Oh no! Coffee cup is empty again. Good thing I drink half-caff!
And the expandable rack made a great hat rack for my son's hats!
So there is still a piece of him here every day.

I picked up some pretty BRAND NEW goldenrod sheets for the twin bed that I want to turn into a little sitting area. I got them at the thrift store's 1/2 off sale for $2!
(forgot to add that in my thrift store finds, oops!)

Time to get back and finish up.
And Charlene is napping...geez, you'd think she had done all the work!

I will post the finished room tomorrow...if all goes well...

Have a Fabulous Thursday!

8 comments:

tina said...

So exciting. Makes me want to pop in and craft up a storm. If you serve half-caff, does this mean I can have two cups? :)

~Rasz~ said...

Tina you are welcome to pop in anytime! And yes you can have two cups, which is why I drink half-caff...cuz I LOVE my coffee!!!!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Hey, it looks good! It's not the table, it's the artist, right?

Magic Love Crow said...

Looking Fantastic!!! I might pop over;o) Do you have any tea??? ;o)

Heather Henry said...

Robin, I have enjoyed looking back through your posts. I've been so busy with moving I haven't had much time to visit my friends blogs, and I miss it.
Your new space looks absolutely amazing so far. I love the way you did the floor, you are so darn creative. It rocks!! I might have to steal this idea, it's wonderful. I can't wait to see the final pictures of your new space, how exciting. And it looks like you've already been given a burst of creative and enthusiastic energy. So many fun posts. Have a truly lovely and blessed weekend. I will pop back by asap! Hugs! :)

ArtMuseDog and Carol said...

Rasz ~ Lovely work at creating a 'room of one's own' ~ thanks for posting on my blog about the Sketch Book ~ now am going to change the cover I think ~ needs improvement ~ Enjoy the weekend ~ namaste and hugs, Carol ^_^

~Rasz~ said...

Thanks Alex!

My Crow Friend, you can pop in anytime...and I do have tea.

Hi Heather! Moving can take up lots of time, and energy! Go ahead and use the idea. It's working great so far and I will post if I have any problems or if I find better ways to do it. Now don't over-do it moving!

Hi Carol and ArtMusDog! Thank you for your sweet comment. I really liked the cover of your sketchbook. I'll have to pop over and see the changes.

Sandra said...

The floor looks great! The flowers really pop and all this talk about coffee and tea... I'm thirsty ;-) LOL

If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.