June 13, 2011

incredible rubber stamps, polymer clay mold boards and inspiration!

This is one of Roberta's ATCs made with,
of course, one of her rubber stamps 
Roberta is  an amazingly incredible artist that I met last February when I went to the local Artist Trading Card group for the first time. I was so happy to see her this past Saturday when I went back to the ATC group again. 

When I first met Roberta, we started talking about collage and she gave me some great tips on why my collages were not working out the way I was trying to get them to. She told me about Golden Soft Gel Medium and the importance of waiting for things to dry! She shared some great tips and taught me so much in the short time we talked.

Little did I know that Roberta (E. Roberta Altshule, ERA Graphics) is not only an artist and really nice lady, she is a graphic artist, a calligrapher, a mixed media teacher and has designed her own line of rubber stamps, collage sheets and mold boards for polymer clay. She has even been a guest on the Carol Duvall show. WOW! 
Oh, and did I mention she beads! Her beaded dolls and amulet bags are in one of the many Galleries on her site.

The selection of incredible, original rubber stamps is HUGE...thousands and thousands for sure. There are fifteen (15!) categories of rubber stamp themes. And with every theme comes another drop-down of the categories under that theme. Every time I picked a theme to look at, I thought that one was my favorite, until the next theme.

I am not a "Stamper" however after looking at her HUGE catalog of stamps I have some gotten some great ideas for using more rubber stamps in artwork...or cards...or ATCs...or on clothing...uh-oh, that Art Idea ADD is kicking in again, yikes!

If you like rubber stamps, or just want to get inspired by some great artwork, visit Roberta's site www.eragraphics.com, look around and let me know what you think.

Hope your Monday is starting off FABULOUS!!!! 

4 comments:

Sunshineshelle said...

Hey there, nice to meet you, thanks for dropping by my blog :) Wow, You should join & post for PPF, it's pretty casual & it looks like you have great talent & art to share with us other party goers... I love seeing everyone's work it's always inspirational, & now I'm off to explore your links and some more of your wonderful blog, by the way your 'human' puppy is just gorgeous!!!

NatashaMay said...

Hi Rasz! I see we share the love of ATC's. :) I just started though. If you want to trade, I'll be posting ATC's on a Monday and if you like what you see give me a shout out. :) Nice to meet you and thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

ArtMuse Dog and Carol said...

rasz ~ You have a blog award at my blog ~ hope you will accept it and pass it on ~ ^_^

Heather Henry said...

Hi Robin, I just wanted to let you know I have something for you on my blog!
I also wanted to say that I hope you're having a wonderful week and that all is going well. :)
Blessings to you! :)

If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.