June 08, 2011

a diy blog find for us do-it-yourself'ers


In these past few days of down time I have been blog surfing. You know how that goes, one cool post leads to another...then there's a link to another blog...then the "hey I need to Google how to do that" pops into my head and I am off in another direction. I think I have blogging ADD. Anyone else out there feel the same way?

I have to share this great blog I found today. Its called 31 diy by the creatively clever gal named Lauren. Why do I like her blog? Well Here are my first three reasons:

First: It's Do It Yourself!!!!!
Second: Simply SIMPLE!
Thirdly: Super Thrifty, Inexpensive, Cute, Fast, Fun and EASY tutorials!
(okay I guess that would be reasons three, four, five six and seven?)

I was hooked with the great idea of using canvas prints from the Dollar Store. Take a look at her blog:

I am ready to do some upcycled projects for myself and my home once I get feeling a little better! 
Another inspirational moment and off into another direction.

Please share any of your DIY projects, links, diy blogs, thoughts, etc.
 I just LOVE DIY!!!

Have a Happy Wednesday!

5 comments:

li said...

Yep - for me, surfing the internet can turn a 5 minute fact finding mission into a 5 hour tour of everything from mysterious ailments to screamingly funny political commentary to "how to build your own coffin". (Now there's an odd DIY project.) Sometimes I even set a timer for 30 minutes so I get the heck away from the laptop!

Lori @ Studio Waterstone said...

I'll have to check that out. You must have visited me while surfing! Thank you.

Lauren @ 31diy said...

Thank you so much, Robin! I am so flattered. Your words mean more than you can imagine - you're definitely inspiring me to go on sharing my projects!

Thanks again!
Lauren

PS - I can totally relate about having internet and blog surfing ADD. I go from blog to blog to blog. There are so many great ideas out there! :)

Heather Henry said...

I am so with you, I definitely become super ADD when I am on blogs. So many things that distract me or catch my eye. I end up with more tabs open than I have space for. The only thing that keeps me from going overboard, is our extremely slow internet.
I love DIY projects and the thriftier the better. I'm a big believer of taking what I have and making it better and preferably using only the supplies I have on hand. It's an awesome challenge and I think it makes me more creative, because I can't go and buy anything. I am now a follower of the diy blog, she has some really fun projects and ideas. I love that stuff. Hope you are well and having a good week!
Blessings to you, my friend! :)

Billie Monster said...

Love Lauren! She's definitely a diamond in the rough, and one of my fav bloggers.

:O)

~ www.billiemonster.com ~

If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.