June 05, 2011

cure for the rainy day blues

is it every going to stop raining?
Okay, I'll admit it, I am spoiled living in Northern California. We get cold, rainy, snowy winters but the late Spring and Summer is sunny, pure blue skies for days and warm. I love it!

This year is different. Today it would normally be sunny and everyone would already be complaining about the heat (well, except me 'cuz warm/hot is my kind of weather). This is NOT normal. It is STILL cold, rainy, damp, gloomy and I am beginning to think it will never be sunny again. 

On top of that, I am having some health issues and this weather is not helping me feel better. So here I sit, off work for a few days, waiting for some tests, and....well....getting a little snarky!!!! I do not like to be snarky, so I decided to find something I could do while laying on the couch. Found it!!!! Zentangles!!!! My newest obsession. Not only is it fun, it is a great stress reliever too. Time flies as I create new Tangles. Go to tanglepatterns.com at your own risk of becoming addicted too I must add as a disclaimer!

I also have been needing to make some ATCs for next week's ATC trading day at our local art council. I have not gone the past several months since I have not made any ATCs. Making ATCs with Zentangle patterns is a great mix! 

this
=becomes=
this

 Too cool huh?

There's more:

and more:

The cure for the rainy day blues? Zentangle!!!!

Have a great Sunday.


5 comments:

li said...

Really gorgeous! Did you do those? I love black and white art and photos. But I don't think I would have the patience for it. I've bookmarked it though, as I may try a simple border for a sketch or two down the road. Thanks for posting and the link!

~Rasz~ said...

Believe me, if I can do it....it's EASY!!! And fun. The ATCs are only 2.5"x3.5" so they are small, quick and instant gratification! I got the idea from seeing art with cool backgrounds and found out the backgrounds and artwork were inspired by Zentangles. Too cool. I am planning on doing some art with this new inspiration.

Diane said...

Love zentangles! and I've never tried them either, but I can see the addiction--and I hope your weather clears up and you feel better too!

Heather Henry said...

I really hope you get to feeling better. I'm sorry you are feeling blue, but wow, those are truly fantastic. I love the way they look. I've never heard of zentangles. When you first mentioned it, I was thinking yarn and knitting. Which is always like therapy. But I can see that zentangles would definitely be awesome therapy and very, very addicting. I will go check out the site. Hooray for new adventures in art. Also, what are ATC's? Are they art trading cards? I always that would be fun to do. I really love your designs, you are so talented and create really awesome patterns. Love them. I hope your week is sunny and bright and filled with warmth and beauty.

Linda said...

These are amazing designs! You definitely have a talent for this :-)

If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.