May 15, 2011

my special workspace is done: small, simple, free!


It's finally done! My NEW, special workspace! The cost was just a little imagination and some paint. So if you are thinking that there is no way to create a workable workspace due to lack of space or monetary cost, believe me it can be done. This is a 5'x5' space against a wall on my very little back porch area. Even with only a little space to work with, I now have a worktable with plenty of workable area and lots & lots of storage!

My beautiful, cozy new space
I painted this old, crooked corner shelf and fitted it on top of the worktable for added storage

This is the workable tabletop space, plenty of room for several projects at once
I am using the shelves that hold up the tabletop
for more storage. 

My easel also doubles as easy access storage for paints
charcoals and sharpies...and a few sponges

And the old ironing board will be used for drying or spraying projects...extra space! The old blue plastic filing cabinets hold tissue paper, cardboard, pictures and magazine cutouts for collaging.

This is my little, special, sacred area and I am so grateful. I really am amazed at what can be created with no money and very little space! My next post will be how I created a sewing corner in my bedroom.

How have you created a workspace? I would love to see where you create. 

11 comments:

allison said...

Ahh that is SO pretty and peaceful looking! Now I want to redo all my spaces, haha.

Keena said...

great job....My workspace-the couch!!!! That is where I use my laptop!!! Again, great job. Looks good!!

li said...

Ummm....my art workspace is the kitchen table, because the lighting's perfect, and we eat in the dining room anyway. Unfortunately, I ruined dinner once or twice because I started fiddling with some bit of craftiness...got distracted...maybe I SHOULD create a workspace! You did a great job, really. It's an inviting space.

~Rasz~ said...

Thank you so much for your comments! Several years ago I really wanted to be an organizer. I enjoy finding creative ways for storage and extra space in small areas for little or no money, just recycling what's already around. It came from really having to downsize my living area. I have helped friends do the same. Glad you like my little area. I am so happy with it!

Nicole said...

That is a nice workplace. It looks very peaceful and comfortable. As for me, you ask, nah, I haven't been able to create a workspace. I don't seem to have the extra space to do that in my apartment but would like to have one someday. Right now, any place where I work becomes my workspace of the moment, lol.

The Madlab Post

li said...

I know you're busy but I'm tagging you for blog tag. take your time and post whenever. :) (It isn't posted yet so no link, but it will say blog tag in the title.)

Debra said...

Hi Rasz,
So much fun to see your workspace and picture you there painting away! I havea backporch that would work in the summer, but Ohio winters would make it a lille chilly in the winter! I took over my dining room as my "studio" and I spill into a bedroom too...and a hallway....and.....
Debby E

Heather Henry said...

HI there, I'm so sorry I haven't been able to comment sooner. Our internet has been so whacky. I've tried to a couple of times, but it wouldn't let me. It may be from all the crazy weather, I don't know. I have truly missed getting to chat with you and seeing what you're up to.
I love, love, love your new creative space, it is really awesome. It looks so bright and cheery. A perfect space to be inspired. You did a fantastic job on it. Hooray!!!
I can't wait to see what beautiful pieces of art are going to come out of this lovely space. I am looking forward to your next masterpiece.
I hope all is well with you. Life here has been rather crazy. We are going to be moving and I'd forgotten how much there is to do when moving. But I will do all I can to keep up with all my wonderful blog friends, I've missed everyone.
Have a truly wonderful and beautiful day!

The Rich Ant said...

Great space and I am envious of all that natural light. Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world. Happy Creating :)

Lauren @ 31diy said...

Oh wow, this is an awesome space! It's chic and cozy all at the same time. Well done!

Cat' said...

Rasz, you inspire me! I am learning so much from you with regard to creativity, organization, aesthetics, and self expression.

I love your work space. It lends to serenity and intraspection - the foundation for creative expression!

Well done!

If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.