April 21, 2011

reading blogs

The day is almost over and I made it just in time to post my R post for the day! 

Just a few short months ago, I decided to get serious about creating art and maybe start a blog. I was Reading and following  Mystele's Little Glimpses Studio for inspiration. It was a blog about something I was looking for, mixed media art. Mystele gave me the gentle nudge and encouragement to start this blog. Soon after I found The Brave Girls Club where there were lots of artist bloggers. I met Diane Costanza and she gave me great tips and advice on designing my blog. So there I was, just last month, starting my little blog and Reading other mixed media art blogs.

Then started the A-Z Challenge! Now I have found the best part of being a blogger is Reading blogs. I'm hooked and look forward every day to Read some of my favorite bloggers, and to find new blogs to Read. I wonder what other bloggers in this challenge are going to blog about using the daily letter and can't wait to Read their posts! I Read blogger's that write short stories. I Read blogs about life, inspiration, religion, overcoming obstacles, and I Read blogs by bloggers who just blog about anything. It's amazing!

I know for a twisty, creative short story Li's Flash Fiction blog is where it's at. I didn't even know what Flash Fiction was until I found and Read her blog. Now I can't get enough of her stories.  You can never guess the ending, there is always her unique twist every time. She is an amazing storyteller. I am waiting for her to put them together in a book (hint, hint Li). 

If I want to learn a new biblical word, term or philosophy Gregg at Gospel Driven Disciples will always have a post on something definitely worth Reading. He's intelligent, articulate and passionate.

Arlee Bird's Tossing It Out blog has something different and creative every day. He has a way with words and has been sharing some great history of his life too. He is one of the leaders of this year's A-Z Challenge and his blog has the list of the over 1,200 bloggers signed up for this! Yes, that many bloggers are participating so if you want to find a blog on anything, or just want to blog hop, hop over to his blog and start hopping, that is if you can stop reading all his own great posts!

When I am needing some personal insight, understanding, advice or just want to Read some great posts on life's lessons...or learn a little about Charlie Chaplin, I go to Eddie's Harmony of the Heart. Eddie is an incredible writer whose words touch my soul. His blog has helped me through some of the toughest times I have faced this last month and I go back to his blog several times a week to read the hundreds of posts he has out there. Every one is something I need at that moment. 

Then there is my sweet friend Heather at Little Red Henry. She is an incredible artist, a gifted writer, soft hearted and one of those encouraging people that make me feel so blessed to have her on this path with me. If we lived closer to each other, I would sign up for all her art classes. What about an online class Heather?

If I feel like life has been a little too difficult and cannot get motivated, I grad a cup of coffee and visit Kristy over at her blog My Healing Through Art Story. Her enthusiasm for all the new art she is creating and the classes she is taking is contagious, along with the amazing healing taking place in her heart through art.

Then there is inspirational writing and art with Amanda Trought who has two great blogs, Inspiration, Art and Creativity and Amanda Trought Mixed Media Art.

And for a blogger who could make a trip to the mailbox sound fun with a bit of sarcasm thrown in here and there, it's Allison at Allison Writes. She has personality plus! I smile every time I visit.

And its even funner to "open in new tab" (that could've been my O post, Oops) the links to other blogs from blogs I am reading. I find seven or more tabs opened at once to read one by one and connect to other blogs from those tabs.

So from this newbie whose only been blogging for...six weeks, two days...I started off with a plan for mixed media art and following mixed media artists. Look where this is going! My world is expanding more and more every day! Thank you my blogger friends for being YOU. And for Reading my blog too.



4 comments:

Diane said...

I know, sometimes you have to step away from cyber world because you can get lost in it for hours. It's such a great community though!! And thanks for all of the links. Great post!

MISH said...

Thanks for this geat post and for sharing all these bloggers with the rest of us ...
And I agree that there is an amazing online writing community ~ the spirit is just awesome !

~MICHELLE~
http://writer-in-transit.co.za/category/other/rambles-rants-and-raves/

Heather Henry said...

Thank you so much! I feel so appreciated and blessed by you! I would love to give you art lessons, although I'm not sure you really need them, everything I've seen you post so far, has been very creative, beautiful and artistic. The fact that it comes from such an honest and wonderful place, makes it even more lovely and sincere. But I would love to have coffee and art with you, that sounds like a perfect day.
I wanted to let you know I have an award for you on my blog and also, that I haven't had much time to read and comment on your newer posts, but will do so hopefully later today. It's very late and I should really be off to bed.
Thank you so much for being my blogger friend, I hope we do get a chance to meet in person some day. That would be grand!
Happy Easter, friend!

The Rich Ant said...

Hmmm I think I may have to try this a-z challenge.... maybe hehehe

If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.